We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski hire in Seefeld

Hungerford, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Ski hire in Seefeld

I have just booked a week at Hotel Central this winter, and have never been skiing before.

Can anyone give me details of where I can arrange ski hire nearby please? I do not want to buy too much equipment in case I do not enjoy skiing, so can you hire jackets and salopets too?

Really looking forward to it, but any advice and useful tips would be appreciated.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,025 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski hire in Seefeld

quite often you can rent clothing in the uk outlets. that way, you will know it fits. as regards ski hire, there are numerous hireshops in seefeld, and your hotel could well have a deal going with a particular one...so email them.

but I would imagine that once you try skiing, you will be hooked! then you could buy clothing at after season sales in uk. I should have added, try and rent you skis the evening before your first lesson, as they have to be set up, and there are usually delays on the first day.

Edited: 22 August 2013, 16:29
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski hire in Seefeld

I can really recommend Modern Ski at Geigenbuhelstrasse 219, web site is www.modern-ski.at

It is right by one of the ski slopes where the ski school meet, they are really friendly and speak good English, they are good to deal with and helpful if you get in a tangle with your kids or need extra help. They keep your boots warm for you by their big stove.

When we used the company the tour operators use there was a big queue and they are not so near the slopes, also you must cart your skis etc about with you each morning and night whereas you can leave them every night at Modern Ski if you wish and change back into your walking feet to go home.

Hope this helps !

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski hire in Seefeld

Hi we always hire from a ski shop which is down the side of the Hotel Eden.. it's also close to the Geigenbuhel baby slopes and the children's meeting point. They have always been very helpful and allow us to leave our walking boots and own ski boots there overnight so we don't have to carry them back to the hotel. If I remember correctly your hotel is very near the hotel Eden so not far for you to walk. The ski depot is called Abanico, they also have rental apartments and you can also find them on line if you google Haus Abanico. Hope this helps...

Reading, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski hire in Seefeld

We just got back from Seefeld and rented a variety of boots, skis, helmets and snowboard from SkiSet which is almost opposite the Ski school and ski pass shop just up from the Apothekenplatz. We had fantastic service from the staff there (who are originally from Nottingham) who could not have looked after us better. Again, we were able to leave our stuff there over night which meant the kids didn't have to walk in ski boots through the town.

Hungerford, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski hire in Seefeld

Thanks for the advice, now this may be a really silly question, but can you hire ski goggles or do you need to buy them? Just don't want to buy them and then find they are included with the hire. Or will a pair of sunglasses do?

Thanks again!

Edited: 12 January 2014, 08:35
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,025 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ski hire in Seefeld

it really is a matter of choice. I have been skiing for over 50 years and have not needed sun glasses in normal weather. but I would use goggles in snowy conditions. however, most people use glasses. goggles are less likely to get lost or damaged in a tumble. some eye protection is advisable, even if I got away without it!

must say that I have never noticed if goggles are rented out or not

on balance, I would suggest that you bring goggles with you, and then, depending on weather on the day, use whichever you feel is best.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ski hire in Seefeld

I have never seen shops renting goggles. Their cost is not excessive to buy,

never seen them included in ski hire.

Buy a pair or if good weather a good sun glasses. ( these sometimes more costly than goggles )

Please use either sun glasses or goggles when you are skiing .

Sun glare and UV rays can cause troubles . I use sun glasses in better weather sunny to partly cloudy. These comfortable - be certain they are no shatter type

Goggles a must for cold , snowy times.

Not just eye protection but help to protect the area skin by keeping it warmer - lesser frost bite chance.

Most googles will have 2 lenses to help prevent fogging too

8. Re: Ski hire in Seefeld

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Seefeld in Tirol