We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seefeld in November

Durban
Level Contributor
228 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Seefeld in November

Hi, I will be in Seefeld for 3 nights in the last week in Nov, and hoping you could answer a few questions:

1. I understand that the Rosshutte cog railway and cable car will only be operational in early Dec. Is it still possible to get up in the mountains somewhere (for a non-skier) with picturesque views, where we can walk around?

2. We'd like to find a nice authentic Austrian restaurant 1 night, but not fine dining, hopefully somewhere with a nice cosy atmosphere, not overly expensive, but a welcoming experience.

3. Any recommendations on a souvenir shop where I can buy a cuckoo clock?

thanks

Andrew

London, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seefeld in November

hello, hope i can be of some help,

firstly Seefeld is not fully open untii about mid december,but there will still be plenty going on,it may not be snowing but again you could be lucky and catch the first of the seasons snowfall, as for the opening of the rosshutte railway i would sugest you contact seefeld tourist office (seefeld.at) or info@seefeld.com you can

certainly have some lovley walks with or without snow also sleigh rides which i believe are available all the time. we stay in seefeld as often as we can and also like restaurants with cosy austrian atmosphere two we visit most are the tiroler weinstube ,where a lot of locals seem to eat, a lovley building in the village square and the Alt seefeld which is very rustic with alpine furnishings and in late afternoon good live music again locals go there so it must be good. there are a couple of jewellers in the village selling cuckoo clocks also from 29.11 there will be the advent market selling small gifts and souvenirs. hope this helps.

Durban...
Level Contributor
64 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seefeld in November

thanks for your feedback, appreciate it.

really looking forward to our trip, so hope we at least get to see some snow.

3. Re: Seefeld in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Seefeld in Tirol