We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Christmas Market

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Christmas Market

Hi I will be travelling to Seefeld in a couple of weeks and I am wondering where the christmas market is held? (I will also be going to a spa at Hotel Diana and am would like to know how far away it is from that.) Since I'm coming to Seefeld for a daytrip from Munich, I'm also wondering how large the christmas market is and how long to spend there? (I know this is a subjective question!) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Christmas Market

The Market stalls can be found in the main square of the village. This just near the main Church and by the pedestrian zone.

If arriving by train this is just a short walk from the station.

Hotel Diana is on a pedestrian street ( Klosterstrasse ? ) this only 250- 300 meters west from the main square.

The market is nice but not that big.

Some nice stores nearby too.

look here for more info

www.seefeld.com

Not knowing your interests - 1 hour easily sufficient for a general view.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Christmas Market

Thank you so much, you have been helpful. :) I have casual winter boots but I don't think that they are waterproof. Do you recommend that I buy snow/apres boots before going to Seefeld? I won't be doing any snow sports, just walking around and general sight seeing.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Christmas Market

I was wondering if there is any difference in purchasing train tickets for the S Bahn and Regional trains going to and from Munich to Seefeld? Or is the process the same? Do I need to pre-purchase tickets or will it be fine for me to buy them once I am there? I will be going on the 27th of Dec.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Christmas Market

The Christmas market opens at 14:00 and some of the gluhwein stands remained open well after 21:00 last night.

5. Re: Location of Christmas Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Seefeld in Tirol