We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

Republic of Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

If you use economycarrentals .com you can expect the same rip off experience I felt when I recently entered a contract to hire a car with them for my holidays in Italy. I had to pay €140 extra.Otherwise, I was told, I was not covered for a plethora of conditions and the excess was €5000. This was by Locauto who acted as agent for Economy Car rentals .com even though Economy Car rentals .com advertise Unlimited mileage Third party insurance Fire Insurance with NO excess CDW-Collision Damage Waiver with NO excess ASC-Airport Service Charge where applicable ,VAT All local taxes .

EconomyCarRentals.com also state that some car rental companies might offer extra insurances upon delivery of the car, which is not necessary to buy as EconomyCarRentals.com will refund any excess paid.

Not so according to Locauto.I tried to sort this out but Economy Car rentals.com blamed Locauto and Locauto blamed Economy Car rentals .com .and guess who ended up out of pocket!!!!!

So my advice is BEWARE and dont use Economy Car rentals .com no matter how good the deal seems.

I think their problem is that if they advertise the full cost of thier insurance they will turn out to be more expensive than their competitors. and they know that ,as they are based in Greece ,they are unlikely to be taken to task. I hope in the next few weeks to lodge a complaint to the European Commission in an effort to stamp out this sharp practice.

Mike Mac carthy

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Rosshutte
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Sankt Oswald
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Seekirchl
Churches & Cathedrals
71. Re: economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 December 2010, 17:05
Edited: 18 December 2010, 17:05
72. Re: economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 December 2010, 17:05
73. Re: economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 11:05
New Zealand
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

We booked a minivan for 4 , in Stockholm through economycarreentals in June 2010. The vehicle was delivered late to the ship where we docked, but it was old and worn , late arriving and not in great conditon . The branch of the car company ,Hybelin , a Swedish car co. was under new management and disorganized , but eventually did change the vehicle to a newer model and we were very happy with it...giving us a credit for 1 day in compensation for time lost.

The trouble is you do not know what company is going to provide the vehicle ,so you cannot check it's credentials beforehand.

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Qld
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
75. Re: economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

Good luck from the many of us who have had a similar experience with Economy Car Rentals. This company needs to be stopped.

Edited: 29 April 2011, 00:18
Herzliya, Israel
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

Hello,

I am contemplating to rent from economycarrentals.com in Greece.

Has anyone rented through them in Greece (Athens) and willing to share their experience?

Thanks,

Willy

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Paphos
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

On Economycarrentals website, one of the first words you see are "Car Rental with full insurance and NO EXCESS!". This is just not true. We booked our car to be collected in Milan Malpensa airport and the local provider charged a 1,500 euro excess. Unfortunately we had an accident, which resulted in a repair cost of 900 euros. Confident that the "full insurance with no excess" would cover us, we contacted Economycarrentals, only to be told that we had been negligent and that their pledge to cover any excess charged locally did not apply in cases of negligence (this wording is, indeed, in their small print). "Full insurance" means insurance covering negligence, so their advertisement is totally misleading. We will not be using them again.

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
Salisbury, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

I rented through ECR from Athens airport in 2009 & everything was fine (the car had an indicator light out but that's the rental firm). I've claimed on their "insurance" & have had full re-imbursement (check post 64), I've used them twice since (latest was in Samos in June 2011) & for value for money I can't fault them.

Andy Mogg

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
54 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

I have used economycarrentals two times (one in Munich and another in Istanbul). both of them were great. specially in the Munich.

the price was really nice and also the car.

I know that the cars are not for economycarrentals and they are belong to companies which offer the service, but both cars were almost new! (both 2011 model)

I had no accident or any problems with the cars and I don't know if the economycarrentals will cover the excesses as they mentioned in their website, but both time it was great to use their service.

for the next time, I will absolutely check economycarrentals first!

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Republic of Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: economycarrentals .com RiIP OFF

This was indeed my first ever post on tripadvisor and to be honest I wasn't aware at the time that I was posting in the wrong forum. Indeed I have only today found that the thread attracted so much attention and hopefully as was the purpose of my post, it reflected very poorly on economycarrentals following the very poor experience I had with them . In the meantime I have made some other posts in the correct fora but, that said, I just wanted to let you know that your suspicions of me were totally unfounded. regards

Mike

Edited: 01 September 2011, 00:05
Get answers to your questions about Seefeld in Tirol
Recent Conversations