We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

We are visiting Provence for the first time this month and wondering if Mas de la Rose is within walking distance of a quaint town? We are looking at hotels in St. Remy and also at Les Bories in Gordes, but we want to be able to walk to town. Any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Notre Dame de Beauregard
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Lookouts, Churches & Cathedrals
Musee Urgonia
History Museums, Natural History Museums, Speciality Museums
9 replies to this topic
Cheval-Blanc, France
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

It'a lovely place but you will need a car as it is in the country. Nearest village Eygalieres, beautiful, and Orgon, not so beautiful.

W

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

Great. Thank you! I think we will opt for St. Remy. I appreciate your response.

Provence
Level Contributor
811 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

Mas de la Rose is a really smashing place but in the middle of the country side. If not staying there you can always try the restaurant (having tried it myslef yet but was told by someone who was there last week it is smashing).

St Remy will be a good choice and it offers a wide range of accommodation.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

The hotel we picked in St. Remy can only accommodate 2 of the 5 nights we are staying. Would you consider 2 nights in St. Remy and 3 elsewhere? Gordes? Suggestions? THANK YOU.

Provence
Level Contributor
811 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

This could be a good idea. In gordes, most of the hotel are located out of town. And some other quaint village are either very small or have the 4 star right out of the village.

Are you looking for 3 stars or 4 stars hotels ?

Are you looking for "busy village" like st remy or something smaller will do ?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

I am looking for 4 stars (or 5 if that exists inland ;) )...

This is my first visit...so I really don't know what I am looking for exactly. I really want a good overal provencal experience and have been advised that St. Remy is an excellent base. But, since I have the option of spending 2 nights in St. Remy, I would be open to a smaller village for 3 of my 5 nights.

PS: We are also talking on another thread I started. Your advice is great and I appreciate your response very much.

Cheval-Blanc, France
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

You could try here.

http://www.coquillade.fr/uk/presentation.php

Incidentally Phidou we dined at Mas de la Rose today..........lovely place and good food.

Bon Ap

W

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

Coquillade looks lovely!

Would you consider that a top choice (both proximity to a village, provencal experience and in luxury) to Vallon de Valrugues in St. Remy or La Bastide de Marie in Menerbes?

If you would, in fact, choose Coquillade, would you choose it for a 5 day base or stick with 2 nights in St. Remy and 3 nights at Coquillade?

I am sorry for all the questions...I am just VERY undecided.

Many thanks!

Cheval-Blanc, France
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?

"f you would, in fact, choose Coquillade, would you choose it for a 5 day base or stick with 2 nights in St. Remy and 3 nights at Coquillade?"

I'd do that.

It is sometime since i visited B/de Marie but I felt that it was a little faded glory and the dining was only adequate.

W

Reply to: Mas de la Rose walking distance to town?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orgon
Recent Conversations