We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants and bars

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants and bars

Hi,

You can tell we will be visiting Plakias soon!! I have read on the forum the following restaurants are good:

Mouses, Kri Kri, Medousa, Sifis and Gio bar

Are there any others? And what if we only want to have a drink - are there any recommended bars? For views, atmosphere etc. We prefer authentic to modern.

Thanks

DOL123

Scotland
Level Contributor
137 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants and bars

I've been going to Plakias for over 20 years. My favourite is the Lysseos, by the little bridge over the river on the main street. The food is the best around.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants and bars

Hi,

Thanks for info. I will put the Lysseos on our list ! Someone who has just got back has also highly recommended Gio ma and a few restaurants outside of the town. We like home cooked Greek food so fingers crossed that we will enjoy the locally grown produce and the local wine.

We are nearly on countdown!

I often use Trip advisor prior to a trip for info gathering purposes and approach the holiday with a fairly open mind. We will let you know our favourites on our return!!

Cheers once again.

DOL123

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants and bars

There are many good restaurants in PLakias. There are also nice on the beaches like Damnoni, Violakis family, PLakias Paligremnos, in the mountains Panorama or in the Kotsifou gorge behind PLakias, Iliomanolis, the best I ever found in this area, you will need a car or taxi than. Maria only makes every day fresh dishes, home made Cretan food, good wine and raki to finish your dinner. Away from tourism, 5 Km from Plakias, Iliomanolis

Rethymnon, Greece
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants and bars

hi,

plakias has many good restaurants but also good food you can eat in the near villages.myrthios has three very good restaurants: "plateia", "myrthios","panorama",very good food excellent view.mariou village has a very good taverna called "mariou" and of course damnoni beach has "damnoni taverna".for a drink very beautiful is "ostrako bar" or "gialos".modern bars with the sea view in plakias.

Edited: 09 August 2011, 07:46
North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants and bars

Thanks geohelcrete.

Is Myrthios within walking distance or is there a local bus? We don't mind walking but if we were going there in the evening we wouldn't want a 'long' walk. However, in the daytime we would have a go.

I think there seem to be a few recommended tavernas to visit during our holiday. I will report back on this forum on our return.

Thank you

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants and bars

PS Slight diversion but how do we reach Damnoni beach? I will start another thread. Thanks

Rethymnon, Greece
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants and bars

plakias is very beatiful place with many tavernas and bars but if you want to visit the near area from plakias (2km) you need car.damnoni beach is near plakias beach but with a car is 2 minutes and with the foot is 15 -20 minutes.

Edited: 09 August 2011, 20:48
Scotland
Level Contributor
137 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants and bars

Myrthios is walkable though depending on your route a bit steep. Still worth it for the views. If you were going in the evening you'd be better with a taxi back to Plakias.

9. Re: Restaurants and bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Plakias