We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on transfer from Heraklion to Plakias

Which Plakias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
9 posts
Save Topic
Advice on transfer from Heraklion to Plakias

Hi all,

Need a bit of help from anyone with a bit of local knowledge.

Our plan for a two week holiday in Plakias has had to change as my daughter has been ill and had to be hospitalised - she's fine now and out of hospital but we were due to fly out yesterday morning and she wasn't discharged until yesterday evening. I've rebooked us on another flight next week, so we'll at least salvage 7 days of our original fortnight away.

Our holiday was with Olympic so transfers were included originally but now we'll need to make our own way from Heraklion down to Plakias - does anyone have any ideas on the easiest way to arrange this, as I'm aware that it's right across on the other side from the airport ie probably too far and too expensive for a cab ..

Any ideas anyone please?

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,085 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on transfer from Heraklion to Plakias

Bus from Heraklion to Rethymnon, then another bus from there to Plakias.

http://www.bus-service-crete-ktel.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,436 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on transfer from Heraklion to Plakias

It's actually quite easy: don't worry. You'll need to take the bus from Heraklion airport to the bus station, and there take the bus to Rethymnon. They run hourly, from 5.30 to 22.00, and take about an hour and a half.

This is a direct link for the Rethymnon-Plakias timetable. As you'll see, there are five buses a day, except at weekends when there are four, so you shouldn't have to wait too long for one.

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

A taxi all the way would be very expensive, but of course much quicker:

cheapesttaxis.com/transfers/…plakias.html

If you don't want to spend so much money you could save a little time by taking a taxi from the airport to the bus station: about 12 euros, I think.

I'm sorry you lost part of your holiday, but hope your daughter is quite well now and that you all enjoy your week in Plakias.

Edited: 03 August 2011, 16:51
UK
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on transfer from Heraklion to Plakias

That's brilliant, thank you very much. I will do that - our flight gets in early pm so we'll get to Rethymnon and have time to have something to eat before we get the 18.00 bus to Plakias.

Thanks for the good wishes I do feel very down today, we should have been there right now, but can't be helped.

Thanks again

4. Re: Advice on transfer from Heraklion to Plakias

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Plakias