We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best advice for Plakias

London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Best advice for Plakias

Am looking to book within the next 2-3 weeks Kostas-Chrysoulla studios in Plakias. Reviews seem fair and all I really want is to laze by the pool. Can anyone give me the low down on this resort, sounds right up my street, qute with a few tavernas. What about supermarkets?

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best advice for Plakias

Kostas and Chrysoula are nice rooms, quiet and good service, breakfast at the pool and surrounded by nice tavernas

London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best advice for Plakias

Many thanks, does anyone know how far the nearest 'good' supermarket is?

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best advice for Plakias

Hi,

There are 2 reasonable sized supermarkets in Plakias, one right on the beach road, which is probably only about 200m away from your apartment, the other is a bit further, it is on the way into Plakias. they are probably about the same in what they stock and the price, so take the one that's closer

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,830 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best advice for Plakias

We've stayed at the Kostas-Chrysoulla twice and really like it, the addition of wifi in the pool bar was a bonus when we went back last year. Be warned though the water in the pool is very cold! It's centrally situated so the harbour and a good choice of tarvernas are only a short walk away. There are several supermarkets in Plakias and they have a pretty good choice of products. We really like Plakias and have found it excellent value for money, certainly considerably cheaper than Paxos where we went this year.

Mentioned in this post
Paxos
Paxos
Ionian Islands, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best advice for Plakias

Thanks for that, we went to Katelios Kefalonia last year and found a lovely bakers so fresh rolls every morning for breakfast - is there a bakers? We wont have a car so is everything within walking distance?

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,830 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best advice for Plakias

Yes there are a couple of bakers in Plakias. It's not a big place and is easy to walk around. I've stayed there 3 times and have never hired a car. There are lots of lovely walks up to the mountain villages and along the coast and to different beaches. If you want to go a bit further afield there is a bus to Rethymnon which is pretty regular.

Mentioned in this post
Rethymnon
Rethymnon
Crete, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best advice for Plakias

OK last question - favourite restaurants?

Scotland
Level Contributor
140 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best advice for Plakias

Easy - Lysseos!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,830 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best advice for Plakias

I like Mouses in the harbour. We also had a couple of meals at Taverna Gorgona which is owned by Kostas's mother. If you go to the welcome meeting Kostas will probably give you a card offering you a complimentary drink at the Gorgona if you eat there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best advice for Plakias

A big thank you to everyone for your advice, anything else you can think of will be much appreciated. Leaving on Jul 24 can't wait for some sunshine

Get answers to your questions about Plakias