My partner and I are spending a week in Plakias at the end of July. It's my first time in Crete and she hasn't been for nearly 30 years!
We'd appreciate any advice on:
- whether there are boat excursions from Plakias or nearby
- recommended places to eat that don't break the bank (we prefer family-run places with character)
- which meals are Cretan specialties and worth looking out for
- any tour operators who have shops in Plakias where excursions can be booked
- which supermarket people would recommend for the best range of products and lowest prices
As you can see...I don't ask much(!) - but any help welcome.