We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yeees...just booked again

Which Kardamili hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
yeees...just booked again

We've only been once before and I was DEFINITELY going to book somewhere else in Greece for September. I've searched and searched but the temptation to come back to Kardamyli just once more (I bet!) was too great so here we come even thought the flight was very expensive. I can't wait :o)

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: yeees...just booked again

Been back a week now and bad tempered and stressed already but it helps living in the Peak District. Many thanks for your posts Suelees as you are somewhat responsible for me going to this lovely area in the first place with your enthusiasm

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: yeees...just booked again

Ha ha yes same here and it's only been a day. In fact I was stressed out on the motorway coming back home from the airport.

I got myself confused with thinking we were there at the same time as you when we actually only arrived the day after you left. I think I'm losing the plot now I'm home :o)

Yes you are lucky, we were in Buxton a couple of months ago. It's a beautiful part of the country.

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: yeees...just booked again

We have lived in Monyash for 8 years now but its still as nice as the day we stepped foot into the village for the first time. Your holidays sound great even if its traitorous going to Turkey. I have done the snorkelling thing in the Maldives but have been reliably informed that Egypt is as good if not better. Check out Camden in Maine and the acadia national park...its spectacular and Boston is 100 times nicer than New York with all its history, great shopping and whale watching. I am now going to google this Turkish place...surely you cant persuade me to do Turkey...but you never know!!!!!

Have a great time

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: yeees...just booked again

Ha ha. There's quite a bit about Cirali on TA. I did a review of Kibala Hotel when we came back in June. Beautiful beautiful surroundings not unlike the Mani and a fabulous lilttle village. All TA members who've been seem to love it but it really depends what you like.

Cheers for the tips but I doubt we'll cross the Atlantic. Mind you never say never. This time next year I might be on here raving about these very places.

A very willing and happy traitor!

Edited: 21 September 2010, 19:03
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: yeees...just booked again

I'll have to stop this ha ha business !

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: yeees...just booked again

It does look lovely and my sister is already excited and looking into going to the Kibala hotel as she loves Turkey but didnt know about it so thanks from her. We have seen your review and everyone elses and it seems well loved but Turkey Tunisia Thailand and Tenerife (4T's) are places that i have never wanted to visit and probably never will...weird i know

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: yeees...just booked again

Ah well like I said never say never. Listen to your sister - it's great. I'm sure she'll love Cirali and the Kibala if she decides to go.

Edited: 22 September 2010, 18:06
republic of scotland
Level Contributor
695 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: yeees...just booked again

So you've been back then Sue ? Told you so !!!!!!!

How is the village, and everyone ?

We were out very early in the year, and didn't make it back, as it takes 2 flights for us, and we live 2 hrs from Edinburgh etc.................and my wife is 6 months pregnant, so we opted for a direct flight from Scotland for some sun. We went to Gran Canaria for a week an it was pleasant enough....................but we can't wait to get back to Kardamili, and the Anniska/Liakoto, again next year - 3 of us this time :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: yeees...just booked again

lol yes I know you did :)

All the Scots I know alwasy give us Sassenachs a right bit of stick but at least we can get to a decent airport easily!!

Yes it was just bloomin' great again, in fact even better this time....and if you've not tried the mezze at Anniska then you must. It was gorgeous. I only had it once and was saving my next treat for the end of the week. I was drooling as we walked onto the terrace but I'd forgotten they don't do it at weekends :(

We stayed in a studio at Liakoto but went to do some snorkeling outside Anniska which was great - nothing like the Red Sea of course but still pretty cool. Hired a car this time but didn't use it much - one day out to Ag Nikolaos and around and once for quick trip to Stoupa to see if it had changed from when we went about 12,13 or 14 years ago - I can't really remember when and all I can say is I'm glad we were in Kardamyli

Yep it's now in my blood I'm afraid but I could have a lot worse I suppose!

Aw little baby eh. I hope it all goes well and the three of you enjoy your holiday next year

Edited: 28 October 2010, 18:25
20. Re: yeees...just booked again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 07:23
Get answers to your questions about Kardamili
Recent Conversations