We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry to aegina

London, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
ferry to aegina

is there any way we can get from Napflion, via somewhere not too far to Aegina

perhaps from Epidavros?

we just thought it would be more fun than going back overland to Athens and out from Piraeus

thank you

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry to aegina

If you get some kind of land transport from Nafplion to Methana or Poros, you then find ferries for Aegina. Timetables at www.gtp.gr

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
617 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry to aegina

To go to Methana or Poros, you'll have to take the Nafplio - Galatas bus, that leaves Nafplio at 05:30 and 14:30 Monday to Friday.

From Galatas there are boats going to Poros "all the time", and it just takes a few minutes. There is also a bus to Methana, at 06:00, 11:30 and 14:00 Mon-Fri.

Bus table here: www.ktel-argolidas.gr/…

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry to aegina

Thanks for the new information Malianna!! Gives me an idea for next June, if I DO come back to Greece then (still undecided). I had thought about a day or 2 on Agistri .... and it would be fun to take this route. That 11:30 bus to Methana would connect with a ferry to Aegina arriving by 1700 at the latest ... and a water taxi would zip us to Agistri in 10-15 minutes. We could have 1-2 beach days, then zoom in the early AM to Piraeus for a ferry to the Cyclades. Super!

Edited: 10 July 2011, 14:58
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry to aegina

You have worn me out just reading this, too much zipping and zooming.Sigar sigar.

London, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry to aegina

thank you

I have now checked the flying dolphin schedule and I think its possible - only thing is - it looks as if the FD from Methena arrives in Aegena at the exact time the FD from Aegina leaves for Agistri

does that mean they'd wait for people to get off one and board the next?

thank you

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry to aegina

The FDs may two different companys, and it that case they will not wait.

If you miss the FD for Agistri, there is also a small local ferry. Only 15 min to cross to Skala. And there is a water-taxi service.

Katakolo, Greece
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ferry to aegina

I am not sure if there is a regular ferry schedule between Peloponnese and Aegina but you can find all ferries at www.piraeus.travel (the website of Athens' port) or at greekferries.gr. You can also visit Aegina if you take the one day cruise from Athens http://bit.ly/pM6fI9

8. Re: ferry to aegina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 12:18