We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aparthotel Playa Mar

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aparthotel Playa Mar

My wife, my two year old child and myself are looking to book these apartments for the end of June. Any advise or recommendations would be much appreciated. We like the idea of having a nice walk into town along the pine walk etc and the hotel having activities and entertainment, the only thing that concerns me is that a great deal of the reports say the hotel entertainment is far too noisy and people have found it extremely difficult getting their young ones off to sleep....Any views?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aparthotel Playa Mar

First I must say that I have not stayed there. However I know it. It is a long walk from town-at the very end of the Pine Walk. Must be 20 minutes at least especially with a buggy. But taxis are quite cheap if you can't face the walk back. Yes it is noisy but I have only experienced it during the day and from the Pine Walk. That would suggest people were having a good time. These Thomson Family Resorts do tend to be hectic wherever they are located. And many parents like to keep their kids up late especially those older than yours and I could see it being a problem.There is another aparthotel in PP that is better located. I have stayed there and the accommodation was spacious. The food was not for adult palates however.It may be better for you though as there is more space between the accommodation blocks than Playa Mar. And so much nearer town. I will look up the name and get back to you.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,741 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aparthotel Playa Mar

Yes, it's 20 mins walk from Playa Mar into the centre (timed it on one of my morning strolls out and back along along the wonderful Pine Walk). Make sure your buggy has bigger wheels as the surface is somewhat 'rattly'. Not stayed there, but looks quite good for family accomodation if the distance from centre isn't a problem to you.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aparthotel Playa Mar

Aparthotel Valentin Puerto Azul is the one I referred to earlier. In Thomson/Portland programme.

Worthing
Level Contributor
113 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aparthotel Playa Mar

When our kids were younger we had two holidays in P Pollensa and stayed at the Puerto Azul.

Great location on edge of town and handy for Pinewalk, market and 5 min walk to marina.

Would thoroughly recommend it as food was good and if you stay in the blocks in the far corner and ask for rooms at the back they should be quiet and overlook the mountains. Or do what we did and had a week overlooking the pool then switched to the back for a different vista.

The other hotel is well out of town and the ratings are not as good and personally if I went back I would stay at the Azul every time.

I rec it to friends last year and they had a great time as well.

The apartments were a decent size and the complex is a nice friendly size, lots to do but not too big.

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aparthotel Playa Mar

Many Thanks for your comments. We finally decided to go for the Aparthotel Playa Mar. The reviews seem pretty good, whilst it is a bit of a walk into town it sounds as though it is quite a pleasant walk. One point that does slightly worry me which I have previously mentioned is the noise level if we are trying to settle down my little boy. We have requested a quiet room but could anyone who has stayed before possibly suggest a particular room/block that would suit our needs. Thanks very much

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aparthotel Playa Mar

We stayed there about 4 years ago when our youngest was 2, other 5, and are going back this summer.

There can be some 'noise' on a night, but as someone said, that's the norm for these Superfamily hotels as there is music and entertainment on until about 11pm. Can't recall this being an issue but we tended to stay up whilst it was on, and often the youngest would fall asleep in the buggy whilst it was on, usually tired out by the busy day.

Note sure which block would eb the best but there are rooms front and back of each so least noise would be on the back away from the pool/entertainment area.

The walk into town is lovely and about 20-25 mins along the cobbly streets, which is great for ketting young ones off to sleep ahead of your meal !!

We found this a lovely hotel and great resort.

uk
Level Contributor
215 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aparthotel Playa Mar

We were given a room overlooking a road and partial view of what I think were army barracks! After sitting on the balcony for 5 mins and listening to the lorries rumbling by we went to reception and asked to be moved to a room overlooking the pool. Guy at reception said the traffic was much less in the evening and, although he might have another room the following day, he said we might prefer to stay where we were because of the noise at the bar at night. So we stayed where we were and I think he was right.

Lovely clean apartments, excellent place for kids. Only drawback I would say is no shops, bars or restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Pine Walk into town is really beautiful but took us 30 mins in the heat with a buggy.

8. Re: Aparthotel Playa Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 13:16