We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuck, don't know where to stay!

London
6 posts
Save Topic
Stuck, don't know where to stay!

Hi

Can anyone recommend a hotel/aparthotel in puerto pollenca ... i am going with my boyfriend in early september, we are both in our mid 20's.

We ideally would like to avoid hotels that are overly family orientated- i know it's hard to avoid but would love to sit by the pool in some peace and read a book!, with this in mind we'd like be be within walking distance to a beach.

Nightlife isn't on our list of priorities but would like to be close to some lively(ish) bars.

No strict budget, we are quite flexible if it is worth it! 3* star would suit best, but again we are quite flexible.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions

Holly

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuck, don't know where to stay!

Have a look at Maricel Apartments just behind Miramar Hotel which services the apartments.Good location near to the centre of the resort. They are spacious with aircon and are operated by Travel Club of Upminster,Essex nice people to deal with.

Since the bypass opened the street they are on Calle Formentor has quietened down but I still prefer the pool view apartments as they are at the rear and do not get street noise. I think it is worth paying the small supplement for pool view although I know Carl on this forum likes the ones at the front so he can see the street scene.

Less than 5 minutes to beach, restaurants and bars. Shops for food snacks drinks etc 100m.Nice quiet peaceful pool area for reading and relaxing.

London
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuck, don't know where to stay!

That's very helpful thank you i will have a look at those apts

I have never thought of using an independent travel agent, I’m properly limiting myself looking at the likes of Thomson etc. I'm not well travelled so I guess I feel ‘safer’ booking with a well known agent

Do they have a website?

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuck, don't know where to stay!

Hi there are some nice apts called pollensamar apts these are near to the pinewalk,around 10 mins walk into town lovely and peaceful,i know you wanted a aparthotel but i just thought these might be of intrest to you,we had a look round the complex lovely pool spacious apts,we always stay at hostal bahia right on the pinewalk no pool but literally 3 steps onto beach.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuck, don't know where to stay!

www.travelclubofupminster.co.uk

Your protection is just the same with them as with Thomson. They are bonded. Being much smaller they can give a more personal service (and do) and have a pick at small apartment and hotel developments that Thomson wouldn't be interested in (except perhaps for their Small and Friendly programme).

I also know Pollensamar Apartments and they are nice. Again Travel Club do them. However I didn't recommend them because your spec said near to some lively bars. There is one bar 100m away but lively it is not! The position is quiet but not central. Just 12 minutes walk into town down the lovely Pine Walk.

One feature of Travel Club of Upminster which we like is they always have civilised flight times. No red eye specials.

Their website is fine for info but their telephone booking/enquiry service is as friendly as dealing with your Nan. The business has been in the Chandler family for 50 years.

northumberland
Level Contributor
279 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuck, don't know where to stay!

Hi, have you thought about booking a private apartment? I have used www.ownersdirect.co.uk on several ocassions and haven't been disappointed yet. Then book your flights separate.

Sue

London
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stuck, don't know where to stay!

Thanks all for your responses i will definately look into your suggestions

7. Re: Stuck, don't know where to stay!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Pollenca