We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family and couple restaurant and bar ideas??

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
family and couple restaurant and bar ideas??

Hi there,

We are going on a family holiday in August to Puerto Pollenca and have been before but sometimes had problems finding where to eat with my two little nieces - aged 6 and 8. Where would you suggest for a good family meal and which bars are best for families with small children. There will be 6 adults and two children. Is the bar in the square a recommendation - is it bonys where he throws all the sweets for the kids!!?

Is the orange bar suitable for children? We'll probably pop there for some cocktails on our own at some point but wondered whether it would be ok for them?

Also, my husband and I might have a night on our own for a special meal. We like nice steaks, lamb etc. Is there anywhere you'd recommend with friendly service, nice surroundings and yummy food?

Thank you so much!!

The 365 Calvari Steps
Lookouts, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Placa Major
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family and couple restaurant and bar ideas??

I understand your concern about eating with children, as most don't have much interest in food, except cake, chocolate etc, so they find sitting in restaurants for hours on end, lingering over drinks, very boring. So it is always a challenge to find suitable places where adults and children are happy to dine together and spend a few hours.

Last time we visited Pollensa our son was 8 and we found a number of restaurants, which fitted the bill. I apologise that I can never remember the name of restaurants, but these may have changed anyway.

There were a few right next to the beach, the Bahia was one. Once his meal had been eaten, our son wandered onto the beach, within our sight, and uasually met other children who had escaped from boring restaurants.These were ideal as there was no traffic to worry about and it was also a novelty to be sitting on a beach at night.

There was also a bar/restaurant called Pepes, which had a talking cockatoo. The food was basic but very good, and children spent hours talking to and trying to feed the bird.

Good luck

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family and couple restaurant and bar ideas??

For top grade steak, lamb cutlets etc cooked over a charcoal grill I recommend Corb Mari at the start of Pine Walk set back among the trees. Although you do get children in there it is not really the sort of place for them.

You can see your meat raw before it is cooked so you know what to expect. On one occasion I ordered the chicken. When they showed it to me prior to cooking it looked nothing like the chickens we get over here as it was yellow and quite scrawny with long skinny legs and not a lot of flesh on it. I thought about rejecting it but when I tasted it! Fantastic flavour. Its odd appearance was because it was a true farm raised bird that had been running free around a yard. Hence the long skinny legs.I could have done with a whole one instead of half.

Wish I was going back this year-still might.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family and couple restaurant and bar ideas??

Hi, We liked Makassar on the square. They had a good kids menu and the adults food was very good and as they aren't as large as some on the square we didn't wait as long for a meal. The bar you mean is called Bony's.

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family and couple restaurant and bar ideas??

Thank you all, brilliant advice!

I know where all the restaurants and bars mentioned are situated so that's good!

We tried to get into Makasaar last year but it was so popular, we waited and waited for a table in their lovely roof top bar but had to give up in the end. Will def try again next time.

Will visit the other places mentioned too.

Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family and couple restaurant and bar ideas??

Hi,

We found if you can actually sit in the square near the grassy area at Makassar when the kids have finished their dinner they can play in the square and you can see them while you eat. Had pasta there and the lamb chops and they were the 2 best meals we had by far. Found Dakota (i think that's it's name) the Tex Mex on the square with the big statue outside was awful. They also have one on the seafront too I think towards the Pine Walk. They dished us up fajitas. One of the dips to go in it was Tzatziki instead of sour cream. Since when did sour cream have cucumber in it? And it was def Tzatziki because we saw the van delivering it a few days later. The other dip was mustard. I've never tasted such foul fajitas. It was also one of the most expensive meals we had too.

Redditch
Level Contributor
12 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family and couple restaurant and bar ideas??

The coral is good for families.

For something special we tried the Ivy Garden.

Very nice, but you need to book.

7. Re: family and couple restaurant and bar ideas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Pollenca
Recent Conversations