We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

Colchester
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

Hi, we are off to PP, staying in Aparthotel Playa Mar, Carretera de Formenta S/N in a couple of days time. Can you tell me please where is the best deal to exchange sterling to euros? Are there any money exchange bureau's within the vicinity? We are having a lovely family holiday and really hope to make the most of it. All tips and advise, as always welcome.

thanks, hahahev

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

The hotel will change travellers cheques but not sure about cash. Its a bit out of the centre of PP. There are plenty of banks + exchange offices within 20 mins walk. If you take a Prepaid card or Debit/Credit there are ATMs all over the resort. Have stayed in the Playa Mar a few times since 1999. PP is a lovely family resort. The hotel is just away from the northern end of the Pine Walk. Have a great time.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

hahahev...........

Personally the difference in exchange rates from here to there is so small nowadays(if at all any difference) that I would always get my currency here at home and know what I'm taking with me,and not worry about finding somewhere etc.......

At the moment the best rate around is via the internet on...

www.crowncurrencyexchange.com/index.asp

Also you can compare the rates via the link below..

www.comparetravelmoney.co.uk/index.asp…

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Colchester
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

hi there usandthetwokids, thankyou for your info re: money exch. at reception. May I enquire whether the tv's in rooms are coin operated, and also, do you get many english speaking channels please?

Thankyou again,

hahahev

Colchester
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

hello there, i never even thought of looking on the internet for best exchange rates. thankyou, will give it a go.

hahahev

Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

we changed our money to euros before we left the UK (I think it was at the post office?) and paid £3 insurance so any money we brought we could exchange at the same rate which came in handy.

As for TV we did not have SKY so only English speaking channel was CNN, watching spongebobsquarepants in German just didn't seem right!

Colchester
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

thank you for your response. looks like we will be needing to take a radio with us then. i shall change my money before i go. your feedback has been really helpful.

thankyou

hahahev

Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

Thank the wife...she controls the money!!!

We prefered evening walks and as we were self catering we were cooking/washing up etc so to be honest we didn't miss the TV at all infact we learnt the art of conversation within the family which was a novelty. Kids did have radio/games on their mobile phones which they used occasionally on long journeys/trips.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

Hi, there are some english speaking channels on the TV in the Playa Mar, we were there last year and going back again this. Can not recall what, but a few kids ones.

Sure you will have a great time in this lovely resort.

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

From memory the English language TV channels were Sky News, CNN, and Eurosport. There were some kids cartoon channels, German Nickleodeon I think? Have a great time.

10. Re: Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Pollenca