We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Hostal - a few queries

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Hostal - a few queries

Has anyone stayed at this place recently ? I have noticed in the photos some sunbeds on the beach - are these for guests to use or do you have to pay for them . Also do the rooms have aircon and if so is it effective ? We have stayed in PP before so know its in a good location which is what we want .

Any replies would be gratefully received .

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Hostal - a few queries

I have not stayed there so can't comment on the efficiency of the aircon which is available.If it's there- it works is my philosophy.Because of its lowly * rating I tended to dismiss it even though I have walked past it literally hundreds of times. But our TA colleague shinner spoke so highly of it I went in for a nose around in April.Liked what I saw.Very traditional decor,clean and the al fresco tables are delightful.I priced it on Travel Republic and the sea view rooms are very much more expensive.

I am surprised the beach out front has room for sunbeds.You can bet you have to pay for them.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Hostal - a few queries

Thanks for your prompt reply .Good to know what you saw was good .If anybody else replies who has stayed there could they recommend a good room to ask for ?

Thanks

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Hostal - a few queries

Hi yes rooms have aircon,we have stayed in various rooms in the hostal,always been pleased with them,the ones with balconys are a lot more expensive so for the small amount of time you actually spend in your room imo doesnt justify paying all that money out,but its personal choice,the sunbeds in front do not belong to the hostal they are for public use,we love the hostal bahia for the location the breakfasts on the terrace and the very reasonable price,hope this helps.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,096 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Hostal - a few queries

The sunbeds on the beach there are for public use and are supplied by PP 'council', not the Bahia Hotel. Can't remember the exact cost, but slightly pricy. I will be using those sunbeds, close to the Bahia, in just over a week.

southport uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Hostal - a few queries

Have stayed here quite a few times friendly staff excellent breakfast, only drawback is that in the evenings the tables outside are all set up for dinner and if you are even aguest ant dining there is no place for you to sit anmd have a quiet evening drink. Dinner menus is expensive but ratedas one of the best in Puerto Hotel has been done up and has air con. Yer sea view rooms are the best but is it worth it if you are not sitting on your balcony all th time. Sunbeds dont belong to hotel and you have to pay for them I usually buy a lilo use it for the beach to lie on etc and donate it to other guests at end of stay a lot cheaper than sunloungers

have a wonderful stay, oh you musthave dinner at the

TRIO restaurant two streets back behind hotel, best value and choice in town

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Hostal - a few queries

Thanks to all who have replied with all that useful info . Pleased to know there is aircon cos I like my sleep !! Does anybody know of a good website to book it or is it better/ cheaper to book direct ?

Thanks again

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Hostal - a few queries

Good rates for Bahia,various room types, on Travel Republic site.

Chester, England
Level Contributor
242 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Hostal - a few queries

Hi thirty.

We've stayed at the Hosta Bahia,and booked through Travel Republic as WirralScouse suggests being the cheapest option.

It's a lovely small hotel with a great location and couldn't fault in any way, check out my flickr account for some more pics of the Bahia.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65131980@N00/

Regards

Carl.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Hostal - a few queries

Hi we always booked direct at www.hoposa.com

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Hostal - a few queries

Thanks again folks now just gotta book and look forward to September !!!

Get answers to your questions about Pollenca
Recent Conversations