We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

Which Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leeds west...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

Has anyone stayed at the Oro playa and if so is it oK please?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,339 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

Not stayed in any of the names I'm going to mention, but been in them all a few times -

Oro Playa is in a very good spot, close to the beach & town centre. Similar properties close by it are Puerto Azul and Flora; and I would rate those as nos 1 & 2 slightly ahead of Oro Playa (based solely on my general 'feel' of the three)

leeds west...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

Thanks for thatits very helpful.

bucks
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

Stayed there recently, very basic rooms but on average ok. If you think of it as a base to explore, you can`t go wrong. Its trump card is its location, just a min walk to the beach, pine walk and restaurants. Eve entertainment basic with bingo

or one night a week a singer.

We thought the Flora was a little smarter but thought

the pool was a little crampt.

Overall what made the holiday a bit better for us was

the view of the mountains,,,,,,,superb, better than the pool view.

Best suited for families with young children and

mature couples.

If you single looking for more action then this

area would not be for you.

Puerto Pollensa is a fantastic chilled out area where

you can explore the great views from Formenter.

Scotland
Level Contributor
101 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

We have stayed at the Oro Playa three years in a row and we had no complaints. The apartments are a little dated, but the staff keep them very clean, the staff are all extremely helpful. They will even accommodate any requests for specific rooms. I think you will have a very pleasant stay in these apartments. The same people go back year after year.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

We stayed there a few years ago and would not go back. They are in an excellent position but are very tired and depressing. The best thing is to read all the reviews, on Trip Advisor, you can then make a decision, based on the reports.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

Jakleeds,

take a look at the reviews,most look good...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g319793-d267171…

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

We have been to PP half a dozen times over the last 10 years and have stayed in Bahia Pollensa, Oro Playa and Villa Concha. Oro Playa has an excellent location and the staff are friendly but the property is very run down, both the rooms and the common areas. Personally I would choose Villa Concha over the other two as we have done the last 3 times. We popped into Oro Playa in May to see if our previous impression had been too harsh but judging by the pool area it has deteriorated even further.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

Purely from observation-not nice in a well located spot.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
15 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

I am saddened to hear that the Oro Playa apartments still have not been re-furbished.

They are in a fantastic spot, a minutes walk from the Pine Walk area and the staff were wonderful.

We were there about 3 years ago and the apartments were rather shabby and run down then, so goodness knows what they are like now!

It didn't spoil our holiday though as we only really slept in them, no cooking etc.

Don't expect too much and you won't be disapointed.

Villa Concha had just been re-furbished a couple of years ago and they were lovely!

leeds west...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Oro Playa Apartments Puerto Pollensa

Thanks to all for your helpful comments.