We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Formentor or Cala San Vincente

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Formentor or Cala San Vincente

Which do you prefer/is the prettiest!??

How much does it cost to get the boat to Formentor? I guess you get this from the main marina area?

Do you need to bus it to Cala San Vincente?

We are going in July so I expect both get very busy. I have heard that PP is not as busy this year so far.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Formentor or Cala San Vincente

IMO Puerto Pollensa itself is better than both CSV & Formentor, but both of those are worth visiting for a day / half day as a comparison.

Yes, boat to Formentor goes from the 'south' pier of the main harbour (the excellent Restaurant Stay is also on that pier). Boats leave to Fmntor on the hour and take about 20 mins to get there. Unsure of cost, but a nice trip to do. Bus to CSV, from main bus stop near marina roundabout.

Was in PP last week. It was busier than I thought it might be, certainly not quiet. I was told numbers are down 20% say, and that PP has held up better than some other resorts.

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Formentor or Cala San Vincente

Excellent, thank you.

We are staying in Puerto Pollensa but just looking for day trips. Love PP, can't wait, going in July!

Hope you had a nice visit.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Formentor or Cala San Vincente

There is nothing in Formentor Playa apart from the beautiful beach in an exquisite setting and indecently expensive snack bars.Think beaches,clear water,swimming. Cala san Vicente more going on (but not much)Molins Beach has a dramatic high cliff setting and a narrow sandy cove but not ideal for swimming.Bar Mallorca next to the car park is good but basic for refreshments/toilet facilities.CSV never seems to get busy because by road it is so isolated. Formentor can be overrun by the noisy young things who arrive excitedly on the ferry from Puerto Pollensa marina under E20 return for the coastal scenic voyage which in July/August is seriously and worryingly overloaded.If you have 2 weeks in Puerto Pollensa then these excursions are fine but if you have only a week I have to agree with KWUK no need to move out of Puerto Pollensa.

4. Re: Formentor or Cala San Vincente

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 07:25
Get answers to your questions about Pollenca