We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impact of Globespan collapse?

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Impact of Globespan collapse?

Anyone heard what's happening with the hotels directly owned by Globespan in Puerto Pollensa? Heaven knows it was quiet enough there in October. I dread to think what it'll be like if such as the Sis Pins closes. Is that likely does anyone think? It's going to be a hard year ahead with people still being careful with money. We haven't planned any holidays abroad for 2010 - not yet anyway and we would usually have at least one sorted by now. We're doing short breaks here at the moment - down to Cornwall by train in May for example. (I know we're very lucky to be able to do that - not looking for sympathy!!)

1. Re: Impact of Globespan collapse?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 January 2010, 15:29
Edited: 22 January 2010, 15:29
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Impact of Globespan collapse?

"scottish ghetto"

would you like to expand on that please ws

moocher

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Impact of Globespan collapse?

WS.............

Have you anything against the "Scots".................lol.....lol.....

As I must admit(hopefully I am wrong-no I must be?),but after saying that,it does come across that way...........

Maybe the word "ghetto" was the wrong choice of word?

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Impact of Globespan collapse?

Agree a poor choice of word.Should have been "enclave".Yes "ghetto" conjures up highly negative impressions which would be totally wide of the mark.Sorry.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Impact of Globespan collapse?

ws i am sorry you have turned this thread totally away from the op subject and i like many others find this totally distasteful the way you are protraying scottish ppl [ my daughter is engaged to 1 who is currently out serving in afghanistan and whoes father was lost his life only 2 years ago in the same conflict .i think you should withdraw both comments ghetto,enclave

i have reported this thread to ta and asked it be removed .

ws you are a very educated man and give great advice on ta but please do not obstracize yourself with comments like that .we need members like you to help but not with comments like those [ imo ] remeber what happened on the benidorm forum ??

thank you ws for your co operation on this

moocher

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Impact of Globespan collapse?

No Golfer I have nothing against the Scots at all.I worked for a

Scottish company for 34 years and have therefore encountered more of them in my time than most English people.

I think I might be able to guess how you got that impression though.It was because I mentioned that many of the guests at ClubMac in Alcudia were Scots (you can tell that from the screen names and locations of the numerous reviewers of the 3 hotels in the complex).And that the most frequently mentioned complaint about ClubMac in the reviews is not about the hotels but the thoughtless,inconsiderate and wanton behaviour of other guests.

Hotel Sis Pins was owned by Globespan which prior to its collapse was a Scottish company and all the TA Reviews which are 100% complimentary are from Scots.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Impact of Globespan collapse?

Sorry moocher I had never intended to insult any Scots or to be insensitive.Please see my explanation above to Manchester Golfer.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Impact of Globespan collapse?

WS...........

Glad you could see how it could be misinterpreted,not just by me,Moocher,but by many others as well....................

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

XX

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Impact of Globespan collapse?

WS, maybe you could self report your post to have it removed?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Impact of Globespan collapse?

Sure.Happy to do so.