We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK rent a car desk at Palma

wirral
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
OK rent a car desk at Palma

We looked at Sixt but could not warrant paying £200+more for a car with them, Opted instead for eRentals, who have given sent me a voucher for Atlas who then say go to OK desk to collect car. I have looked everywhere and cant find any info re OK. Any info would be helpful please? Thanks

287 replies to this topic
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
101. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

If you MUST use OK be sure to buy the insurance CDW excess waiver whatever it costs. It's a false economy not to because as sure as 3 follows 2 they will find something to charge you for.

Calstock, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
102. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Company: OK Rent a Car (Mallorca)

Location of pick up: Off airport Palma de Mallorca

Period of rental: 3 days / 10.1013 - 13.10.13

Overall cost: 300 euros + fuel

Booking agent: Doyouspain

We have been renting cards in Mallorca for around 30 years and never had a problem until ...

1. To begin with the airport pick up was late, but we still had to pay an out of hours charge.

2. Before collecting the vehicle we were asked to inspect it in the dark for damage when it was not possible to see the vehicle properly. e hurriedly inspected the car as they said they were closing and provided no assistance or torch to inspect vehicle. So we only recorded the most obvious marks and scratches on their sheet. The member of staff countersigned the report and grinned at us whilst asking for us to pay additional insurance 30 euros for 3 days insurance saying 'you'll need this'. I asked why when we had rented cars for over 30 years and never had a problem - but we should have know better!

3. When we returned the vehicle, the staff were rude and unreasonable and also tried to charge us for a dirt mark that I rubbed off with my finger. They than said we will get an inspector to arbitrate

4. In a few moments the inspector (member of OK staff) then charged us 180 euros for a scratch that was in a different place - under the bumper and not easily visible. We knew this was not caused during the period when we rented the vehicle. The vehicle inspector then refused to let us see the companies report on the vehicle. They also said it may have been another vehicle, but this was impossible as the scratch was under the car and was not visible unless you looked under the car eg from an inspection pit. And a collision would have caused damage to the whole of the bumper?

We are requesting a full refund of the 180 euro charge as it was not legitimate and taken against our will. The credit card company have agreed to review the transaction and we await the outcome.

We would not recommend anyone to use OK rent a Car. To us it seemed like a scam and other reports confirm our experience is not unique. Had we realised any of this prior to renting, we would have not used this company.

Mentioned in this post
Palma de Mallorca
Palma de Mallorca
Majorca, Spain
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
103. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Thanks for that report.Commiserations. All too familiar I am afraid.Even as to the broker DoYouSpain.

Too many victims have used Google with an entry eg "cheap car hire at Palma Airport" ending up with top of the list DoYouSpain and placement with OK. Don't anybody tell me DoYouSpain aren't aware of what scammers OK are. DoYouSpain must be paying Google a small fortune to get top of the list and I suspect some of the payback comes from OK and the financial proceeds of their chicanery.

At least your report is another warning for prospective bookers who hopefully consult this forum before committing. But then I suspect travellers who use Google for car hire recommendations are not the sort who consult TripAdvisor.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
104. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Totally agree wirral, Avoid 3rd party sites and avoid at all costs companies offering cheap or budget car hire.

Pay a little extra for quality and save a fortune in the long term.

Stirling, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
105. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Please do not use them. I used them recently first time. Not only a little rude. But you need to go over your car with a fine tooth comb and make sure you mark down every dent and little scratch. Know of someone who had to pay Euroes 480 for something they defo did not do. Either that or you take out their over priced insurace for one week which was around £70. Please look elsewhere

Edited: 17 October 2013, 14:27
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
106. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

This company has proven to be the worst car rental experience that I have had anywhere in the world!It is off site the airport and difficult to find on the way back.

I waited over one hour to be served by the most inefficient rental staff I have ever seen.They have a 'fast track' desk for which you pay an extra 9.5 Euros.If you HAVE to use this appalling company' pay the extra to avoid spoiling the start of your holiday.Most customers were arguing at the desk over the extras costs,insurance surcharges and the petrol rip-off.

In fairness,the car was in excellent condition and ran very well.That however was my downfall! On return they spotted two tiny chips on the front bumper,no doubt from road chippings,for which they deducted 193 euros.When I protested they insisted that it would need a whole new bumper.I was late for my plane and had no option than to ,under protest. accept.I have just received my credit card bill for a tank of petrol at £86.50 having used only a quarter of a tank(its tough to use more in Majorca.).I was only later told that I could have 'bought out' this option for only 20 Euros,a point not made at check-in by them not appearing on the 'Holiday Autos'website.

I am considering hiring an investigator to see if the bumper was replaced and then passing the evidence to my insurers for further legal action against them.

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Calstock, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
107. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

mskgrant sorry to hear you had a very similar experience to us. Just to add to to post I made, we have since discovered that we were debited a further 180 Euro without our authorisation and the credit card company are currently involved in dealing with this fraud. Incidentally, the damage that they suggested we had done was also a chip on the front bumper. Our car was a white Nissan Micra. The idea of taking legal action against this operation is probably necessary. However, judging by what they have got away with already - openly operating as fraudulent / criminal operation as a legitimate business - I suspect they may be in involved in quite serious corruption at other levels. I cannot believe how a company like this would be able to operate with the number of complaints and the level of fraud that they are involved including the damage to the Majorcan tourist industry. This would not be tolerated by the authorities in most European nations. Makes you think!

Selva, Spain
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
108. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

Actually the owner of this company is, believe it or not, vice-president of one of the car industry groups, Baleval. Dont go down that rabbit warren, Alice.

Leicester, England...
1 post
Save Reply
109. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

yes I can give you some information don't use them, they have just billed us 350 euros for a dimple on the car that we failed to notice when we signed for the car. when we argued the point twith them the manager simple ignored us and moved on to the next victim, when we continued to argue the point we were told that they would no longer take us back to the airport and for us to call a taxi, my advice is use another company

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
536 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
110. Re: OK rent a car desk at Palma

if you did not sign to say you agreed with the damage contact ur credit card and file dispute keep all paper work and reciets

Reply to: OK rent a car desk at Palma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pollenca
Recent Conversations