We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to deia

co durham
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
day trip to deia

we will be visiting purto pollensa for the 10th time this summer and fancy having a trip to deia.

what is the best way to do this, bus or taxi?

if taxi does anyone know how much it would cost and would it be easy to get a taxi back to the port

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,093 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to deia

Firstly Deia is very well worth visiting; and it combines nicely during a long daytrip with Valldemosa (and Soller / Puerto Soller if you have enough time).

Taxi fare from Puerto Pollensa to Deia (one way) is about 85 euros. Can't remember seeing a taxi rank in Deia, so unsure about ease of acquiring a taxi back.

We always do that sort of trip from PP via the hire car we always rent. Hire car would be quite cost effective compared with taxi, assuming you're happy with driving there and back.

I'm unsure about buses, not an expert on that.

One alternative would be No Frills excursions. Never been with them but they get good reports and have an office in PP. They do a trip to Valldemosa which mentions Deia (but no mention of a stop there). If you wish to see that part of the island (a must-do IMO), they would be a good option.

nofrills-excursions.com/resultados.en.html…

Edited: 08 June 2012, 20:54
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to deia

I would agree with KWUK in that it would be ideally combined with a trip to Valdemossa. Deia is lovely but not lots there so long way to just visit there. Valdemossa is a little larger and busier (but not too busy!) and is a beautiful place. We hire a car for a week to just drive.

I have also heard that the no frills excursions are good if you do not fancy hiring a car - taxi would be quite costly I think.

3. Re: day trip to deia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Pollenca
Recent Conversations