We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent advice please re Bunyola train

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent advice please re Bunyola train

Going to Soller via train tomorrow. We would like to leave from Bunyola and have a few queries please

- if the train leaves Palma at8am, any idea what time it will reach Bunyola? I have searched for the answer and am not having any joy.

- approx how long will it take to drive from Pollenca to Bunyola?

- do you think that it is likely that we will manage to get onto the train if we opt for an early one? Would hate to miss out just cos the train is full.

Thanks all

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent advice please re Bunyola train

Finally, is the station easy to find if we head into Bunyola centre? Ta

derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent advice please re Bunyola train

In order of questions:

1 Bunyola is about half way along the railway, and the journey time is around an hour, so say 8.20 - 8.30.

2 No idea

3 The railway caters mainly for tourists, who don't usually get up early, so I would be very surprised to find many people travelling at 8.20.

4 Looking at via.michelin.co.uk , the station is about half way between the village centre and the Palma - Soller road, so if you turn off the Pollensa - Palma road at Marratxi you would go through Bunyola. But, disclaimer, I've only been past Bunyola on the main road and the train.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,625 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent advice please re Bunyola train

Just looked on Google Earth and its 35 miles if you use the turn off at Festival Park / Marratxi mentioned above, its the MA2040 then the MA2020. I'd guess 50 mins at a steady pace to get to Bunyola. As you come into Bunyola the road forks into two, take the left fork and keep following that road, you'll come to the station as its parallel to the road.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent advice please re Bunyola train

Here are the contact details from the Ferrocarril de Sóller website, maybe give them a call to be on the safe side regarding time of arrival?

Central Ofices and Sóller Station

Plaça d'Espanya, 6.

07100 Sóller

Phone: 902-364711 y 971-630130

Fax: 971-631222

Opening hours: Monday to Friday 7am to 2 pm.

Regarding your third question (space on train) I was at the station at Soller two weeks ago waiting for the first train to go in that direction (ie. the 09:10 from Soller) and so saw the 08:00 from Palma arrive - apart from a large class of Spanish schoolchildren and their teachers/helpers occupying one carriage there were very few other passengers so you should be fine. As we approached Palma I saw that the next train, however, (the 10:10) was absolutely packed with tourists ready to make the journey over to Soller and I doubt that you would've gotten a seat when it stopped at Bunyola on that particular train...

I travelled on an almost empty train and had an entire carriage to myself - my review of the journey, and how I managed to escape the crowds, has just been added to TA :

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187463-d1…

As they say the early bird catches the worm :-)

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent advice please re Bunyola train

Thanks all, bed now, looks like early start it is

6. Re: Urgent advice please re Bunyola train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Pollenca