We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Parade / Travelopo

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Villa Parade / Travelopo

Does anyone know whats going on between VP and Travelopo?

ABTA say Travelopo were removed a couple of weeks ago

Cant get hold of VP - engaged all afternoon

Anyone actually get through to them to find out what is happening?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
28 helpful votes
1. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Can I check if you have the same issue with them?

I have just received an email from Travelopo claiming that Villa Parade have rented me a property in Pollenca that is actually on their books and, therefore my booking is invalid...

As we booked the same villa through VP last year I find this hard to believe.

If I compare the VP and Travelopo websites, my villa and many others appear on both sites On VP most are fully booked across the summer, but on Travelopo there are virtually no bookings at all.

Surely if Travelopo were entitled to offer the properties then at least some of them would be booked for at least a week or 2???

This smells very fishy to me and I'm desperate to try and get through to VP tomorrow and get some answers.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Exactly the same issue I have got

Travelopo are claiming on their facebook page that VP have failed to pay anyof the owners for 2013 season and that they have withdrawn from ABTA after ABTA failed to act to protect customers

Travelopo website doesnt have any dates populated on their availability section which is clearly wrong given the dates and location - no bookings in July / August for Pollensa Old Town - clearly just not been populated

VP phones constantly engaged and live chat defunct

ABTA saying go away and deal with VP

ABTA saying Travelopo were removed from them 2 weeks ago for an unspecified financial issue

All in all a complete mess ad have no idea who is right / wrong / lying & more importantly where / if I will be able to get anything like a similar holiday

Wallingford
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

We have clients affected by this and it is concerning us greatly. We have booked Villa Parade for a number of years for our clients with no issues.

We are urgently looking into this and will post anything we find. Interestingly a Traveopo Villa mentions Villa Parade in it's description:

http://www.travelopo.com/property/2093110

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
28 helpful votes
4. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Yes, I noticed the VP reference also.

They seem to have just lifted the text...

Smells fishy to me.

Pollenca, Spain
Level Contributor
65 posts
46 reviews
34 helpful votes
5. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

My sister has just telephoned me to say they have received same email from Travelopo and have not been able to get in touch with VP. All very distressing. How things have changed. Have not been on the Pollensa forums for a couple of years and what I have just read is quite depressing. This issue about VP and burglaries going on all over. Going back some years now we were in a villa hired from Sealand when we were robbed, my husbands wedding ring, daughter's sunglasses and cash. It doesn't matter where you hire the villa from it is the people that come in out cleaning that do the robbing but try proving it.

London, United...
6 posts
6. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Yep I received the same email this evening and I'm really worried. Hopefully I'll be able to get through to VP tomorrow morning but i get the feeling it's going to be very difficult!

Pollenca, Spain
Level Contributor
65 posts
46 reviews
34 helpful votes
7. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Yes my sister has a day off work tomorrow and thinks she knows how she shall be spending her day. You would think VP would send out some sort of reassuring message. I do hope it gets sorted out for you all soon.

Bristol, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Which villa did you rent. Ours was villa cal nillo gran. Are they all diferent villas?

Pollenca, Spain
Level Contributor
65 posts
46 reviews
34 helpful votes
9. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Can na Tonina

Edited: 28 April 2014, 23:24
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews