We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Parade / Travelopo

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Villa Parade / Travelopo

Does anyone know whats going on between VP and Travelopo?

ABTA say Travelopo were removed a couple of weeks ago

Cant get hold of VP - engaged all afternoon

Anyone actually get through to them to find out what is happening?

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

I cant get VP to answer it just rings and rings. Its hard to know what to believe, VP should have come to us with the issue not the other way around. Travelopo are saying VP have been without contracts since Oct 13 so where are all the people who have already visited the destinations to find no accommodation? Has anyone seen these complaints online?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

I wouldn't bother with Travelopo - the whole thing has been unprofessionally and selfishly dealt with if you ask me. Everybody is blaming everyone else and Villa Parade in my opinion should have published this 'change' of ownership, whatever you want to call it, on the internet far before it got to this stage.

After first hearing about this from my parents last night, I took it upon myself to look for the villa name on the internet last night and actually very lucky to have booked the original villa through holidaylettings - who are linked to/owner by Trip Advisor??

I just hope that Villa Parade are quick with their refunds.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Hi all,

I just spoke to someone at Villa Parade and he confirmed that they have lost their Mallorca contract to Travelopo.

I requested a refund immediately and have been assured that the cheque will be sent first class to arrive by Thursday.

Now to find somewhere else to stay and I will not be booking with Travelopo at all (I looked up the villa I had booked through VP and Travelopo are renting it for £400 more for the same week!).

Middlesbrough...
4 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Villaparade website says to email instead of ring which I did and I've just been contacted - everyone will be better doing the same - info@villaparade.co.uk

I got very good service as always and I am now rebooked! I've used villaparade for years they are all lovely staff - From speaking to them today the phones are going absolutely crazy seeing as this travelopo have emailed us all before they even had chance!! So everyone you are best emailing rather ringing and you will be sorted out I am sure. Good luck to everyone I hope you can all be rebooked too.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Got through on phone after 4.5 hours and had advice from Villa Parade that my booking has been "gazumped" (their words).

They did try their best, but were unable to offer similar alternative, so offer of refund accepted.

I found a decent, well priced replacement with Solmar, who are very clearly not taking advantage of the situation and are even offering late booking discounts on some properties.

Recommend that others in same position check Solmar out.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

I spoke to VP yesterday. They said they were working by date of travel to offer alternatives or refunds. Not heard back yet about my booking - but am reassured to see that others are being contacted. As I type have just received a 'statement' about the situation from VP which I assume has gone to all customers.

Have also been in contact with Travelopo - who also say they are working by date of travel and are giving VP customers first refusal. They have just e-mailed offering my original booking at the same price (which is substantially lower than the price now advertised on Travelopo's website). This is being held for 24 hours.

Now to decide whether I want to do business with Travelopo - which I am not at all sure about given the issues aired in this thread and the tone of their facebook postings - or gamble on finding something else with VP or another agent.

Hope everyone's holidays work out eventually!

Edited: 29 April 2014, 16:15
Wallingford
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

As a travel agent, we have now received a statement from Villa Parade. Have all those affected been sent similar?

The content is non client or booking specific so I see no harm in posting here:

Villa Parade can confirm that an unforeseeable and regrettable issue has arisen with a limited number of bookings that it has arranged for customers travelling and staying in Northern Majorca/ Pollenca area. Villa Parade was only made aware of this issue just over a week ago. Since then Villa Parade has been taking all possible steps to contact affected customers in order of priority and to resolve their specific

booking issues including offering alternative accommodation and/or where re-booking is not possible offering full refunds.

We are aware that Travelopo has been contacting Villa Parades customers in relation to the current issues. Travelopo and its agents are currently under investigation in relation to their actions. Travelopo are not accredited by ABTA and are not in any way associated with or approved by Villa Parade.

We would strongly recommend that any Villa Parade customers who have been contacted by Travelopodo not respond to them and instead contact Villa Parade directly by email at info@villaparade.co.uk so that Villa Parade can take all necessary steps to clarify the current situation and if necessary resolve any issues with their booking.Villa Parade would like to reassure all of its customers that we are taking all possible steps to resolve the current issues affecting certain bookings in Northern Majorca / Pollenca area only.

Villa Parade prides itself on taking good care of its customers and providing an exceptionally good travel service. Villa Parade is fully ABTA accredited and we are currently working closely with ABTA and complying with all ABTA guidelines. “ If you have any concerns about the matters raised in this statement please contact us at info@villaparade.co.uk

All customers that have already been in contact please accept our sincere apologies in the delay in providing this information and we will be in contact shortly.Please note if you have already been in contact with a member of our team you do not need to re-send your enquiry and we will endeavour to respond to you asap.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 16:30
Haslemere, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

I have just received the same email and knew nothing about this. Having not been able to get through to VP looked on this forum to see what is going on. We are travelling on 17th May with our own flights booked so have no idea if we still have a holiday and/or if we can get all our money back.

Leeds, United...
1 post
Save Reply
39. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

I think the telling aspect of this is travelopo losing its abta accreditation. They have probably used their bond to secure villas at significantly higher cost. Therefore they have gusurped vp on securing the villas, HOWEVER THEY ARE NOW PROBABLY DESPERATE TO FILL THEM and could be financially unstable. We don't have cover if travelopo go bust. Villa parade are financially stable and even if they go bust you have the assurance of abta. I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST Whatever you do DO NOT book with travelopo. THE REMOVAL FROM ABTA TELLS ITS OWN STORY.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 17:26
Plymouth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

We are in the same boat, but furious about VPs actions and lack of meaningful communications, why send out an e mail that generates more questions than it answers. I am very concerned as twice last year we were moved from our original booking to another and on the second occasion received the pig off all pokes, San Rasca!

Get answers to your questions about Pollenca