We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Parade / Travelopo

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Villa Parade / Travelopo

Does anyone know whats going on between VP and Travelopo?

ABTA say Travelopo were removed a couple of weeks ago

Cant get hold of VP - engaged all afternoon

Anyone actually get through to them to find out what is happening?

The 365 Calvari Steps
Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Lookouts
Placa Major
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Barnard Castle...
3 posts
Save Reply
81. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

I'm due to travel in July and I'm very shocked about all this, I've booked with Villaparade for many years, not just to Mallorca but to Cyprus and Kefalonia and never had any issues at all.

I have no idea how Travelopo have got my contact details and I'm disgusted in how they have behaved! They claim to be on 'our side' but how can I trust a company who was REFUSED an ABTA licence because they are not financially secure??? I will not be giving them my money!

It seems to me they are resorting to childish, unprofessional and desperate acts to get customers.

I will wait to see what alternatives Villaparade offer then I will go from there.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Travelopo you say you took on all of Villa Parades properties on 14th april, the very same day that ABTA say they terminated your bond. (also coinciding with the family holiday mentioned in the Daily Mail) How strange to acquire so many new properties and chose that day to also remove yourself from ABTA? That really would be a strange move to make given that most people i know wouldn't touch a company that isn't ABTA bonded. All these extra properties and no ABTA bond, in my opinion a very bizarre move to make even if you didn't like the way they had dealt with a situation, surely their highly valued bond was still worth more than a disagreement…. Also if this is the case, why are ABTA saying they removed YOU on their website? I'm more inclined to believe ABTA i'm afraid. These are the questions that we would like clearing up rather than constantly mud slinging at Villa Parade who I will direct my own questions at as I see appropriate.

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Mark they didnt cease their membership they were chucked out

Reading, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
84. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

linzee,

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes they -Travelopo - seem keen to row away from the personal data point.

Not only because of possible Data Protection Act issues (and data protection in the UK is fundamentally the same as it is in Spain - stems from the same EU Directive I think).

Because if the villa owner did have our details, then he or she would most likely have obtained them from who? Villa Parade, surely. How? Well, I would guess because the personal details were passed across when the original booking was made via Villa Parade. So if the personal details were passed across to the owner that might suggest that the owner was well aware of the booking and had accepted it, doesn't it?

For my part I have asked Villa Parade for a full refund. I will be checking my bank account very regularly for the next few days.

85. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 12:35
kent
Level Contributor
65 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

From personal experience it would be very unusual for a company to pass details of guests to property owners - in more than 10 years of renting out my property I don't think that has ever happened. I wouldn't be at all surprised if none of the villa owners that Travelopo claim they represent have in fact signed a contract with Travelopo. It's possible that an ex-employee of Villa Parade has moved to Travelopo taking owner details with them.... this smacks of opportunism of the worst possible sort on the part of Travelopo. Having said that Villa Parade are clearly not blameless either, and have clearly done something to cause so many villa owners to cancel their contracts. Again from experience the situation in Mallorca is quite lax - for example, we did not sign our contract for 2014 until earlier this month, despite the fact that the company who handles our bookings had sold out the season. IMO a contract should be in place and signed by the owner before the property is advertised as being available, let alone before deposits are taken from would-be guests. The problem is that often in Mallorca (and I assume the rest of Spain) it is not possible for an owner to deal direct with a company such as Villa Parade, because they are UK-based - the contract negotiation has to be done via a local agent. I guess another possibility is that this local agent has simply ceased to negotiate with Villa Parade (possibly for good reasons) and has approached other companies. The villa owners may well not have played any part in this process.

kent
Level Contributor
65 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Travelopo also seem to be claiming that they have taken over, on an exclusive basis, all of Villa Parade's Mallorcan properties - I know that isn't true, as I know of ex-Villa Parade property owners who have signed with other companies.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

I am not directly involved.However I am following this farrago with interest and concern for fans of Pto Pollensa especially those who have already paid good money for this season's flights and Villa Parade accommodation. As I see it the business future of Villa Parade is in serious jeopardy (certainly in Pto Pollensa). I would not re-book with them but opt for a full refund. As for Travelopo I can't think of one reason to book Pto Pollensa accommodation through them not even availability. Once bitten.....

The updates from kategod are especially informative.

kent
Level Contributor
65 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

As I said, I would seriously question whether Travelopo do indeed have the right to be advertising these villas. It seems unlikely that so many owners would have signed a contract with this company when there are other, more respected alternatives in Pollensa. One problem for owners is that many of these companies (including the local agents who negotiate the contracts) in effect close down between the end of one season (November) and the beginning of the next (March) - so cannot be contacted during this time. Quite what goes on during these months is anyone's guess... The owners have to assume that the local agents are honest and upfront when negotiating contracts, but the system is obviously very far from perfect.

Derby, United...
1 post
Save Reply
90. Re: Villa Parade / Travelopo

Has anyone who has asked for their money back actually received the monies in their accounts or by cheque?

Get answers to your questions about Pollenca