We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recipe for pork with sobresada and honey

oxford
Level Contributor
27 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Recipe for pork with sobresada and honey

Just back from long weekend in Soller, having had above dish in local restaurant. It was gorgeoue so brought some sobresada home - but struggling to find recipe. Does anyone local know what the amounts are for the sauce? Can definitely recommend the market in santa Maria on sunday morning; large and lively!

Thanks

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Recipe for pork with sobresada and honey

Sorry I don't have a recipe for this at the moment. We've had to come back to the UK for the time being (trouble with blocked sewers!)but on our return to Mallorca I'll have a look in all our recipe books out there. Hopefully someone else may come up trumps in the meantime.

We freeze sobrasada into little portions and add to dishes like bolognaise sauce etc - makes them really delicious.

Hope you enjoyed your stay in Soller - did you stay at the S'Ardeviu?

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recipe for pork with sobresada and honey

Will see if I can get someone to write it out for you.

In the meantime, some other good Sobresada recepies are here

illesbalearsqualitat.cat/ibqfront/…

oxford
Level Contributor
27 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recipe for pork with sobresada and honey

Thanks for getting back to me - I will await your recipe once you've got the important htings sorted out! We decided on Palma, as poelpe indicated Soller might be too quiet, and cancelled with S'Ardeviu; however we then thought again about what we wanted to do, what typoe of hols etc. so reverted to Soller so in the end stayed at Casa Bougainvillea. Had a loveyl time - all the blossom out, plenty of sun - and made it up to Es Verger in Alaro, and up to Sa Colabra (?). Good time to go, I think.

L

oxford
Level Contributor
27 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recipe for pork with sobresada and honey

Thanks so much for getting back to me; I hope you can get me the 'real thing'! We ate at the local restaurant on corner of Carrer de Cetre and Camino de Sol, and it was very very good. Thanks for your interest.

5. Re: Recipe for pork with sobresada and honey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Soller
Recent Conversations