We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

London
Level Contributor
626 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

Looks like this hotel is close to being ready. Does anyone know an accurate opening date, or what the facilities will be? Hoping for a fantastic restaurant.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

The last I heard it is supposed to be opening in June with I think 120 rooms.

I'll post back if I hear any more.

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

According to jumeirah.jobs/careers/… mayaling is correct, it will be open in June 2011.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

Mars 2012

diariodemallorca.es/mallorca/…634658.html

6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

So, to summarize, I think we are loking at an opening anytime between early 2012 and 2015!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

kopitiam,you may well be right.

Given The Atalya as I know it has been about 40 years in the completion,whats a few more ?

Would anyone expect,or for that matter truly want Soller any other way ?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

Just found this article published today on News from Mallorca.

The new Jumeirah luxury hotel being built in the Port of Soller promises to provide some of the most luxurious accommodation on Mallorca when it opens in March 2012. General manager Fernando Gibaja expects the hotel to be one of the best places to stay in Europe, with rooms costing between €200-300 in low season, and €600-800 in high season.

The hotel is situated on the summit of sa Talaia which overlooks the Port de Soller, the Tramuntana mountains, and of course, the sea. The construction of the hotel began in 1996 when it was under the management of investment company Wingfield Corporation, but development stopped in 2002 because of planning and financial problems. The site was then bought by Deka Immobilien GmbH and leased to the Jumeirah Group under a long term contract.

The German company has spent €120 to 150 million on the project, which equates to €1 million on each room (normal spend for a 5 star hotel is €300K). Gibaja says that the interiors of the 120 rooms will appeal to all tastes, with local Majorcan & Spanish art gracing the walls, plasma TV, the latest technology, a choice of fragrant oils to perfume the room, and local fruits and wines. Guests will be able to enjoy an extensive spa, two restaurants, two swimming pools, a chill-out area, conference rooms and a children's club.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

So the global company running the hotel don`t actually own it but lease it.

How very strange considering the vast sums of money involved.

Assuming full occupancy at peak rates at all times,which obviously is unachievable,generates about 5 million euros per annum by my reckoning.

Assume net profit of 20% (1 million euros) and boy oh boy this place will have to be operating for an awful lot of years to make any money for anyone.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

Leasing the hotel is standard practice in the industry.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

I don`t doubt it is.

I would hope profitability before vanity is also standard practice. Unless of course the financial side isn`t important.

London
Level Contributor
626 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jumeirah hotel in Port de Soller

It's a shame there is so much uncertainty about this. A lot of money has been spent on the port, it would be good to know it was going to attract some wealthy clients. Need something to attract them down from Deia.

Get answers to your questions about Soller
Recent Conversations