We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port bus stop to move

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Port bus stop to move

According to the local paper Sa Veu the bus stop in the port is due to change. Hopefully someone who is out there at the moment will be able to pinpoint exactly where it will be.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port bus stop to move

lol, isn't it just typical to move the bus stop and not tell anyone where it's gone!

Hope someone finds it soon

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port bus stop to move

Mayaling - do you by any chance have any further info on where the bus stop has moved to. We are due to fly out in a couple of weeks time.

Many thanks.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Port bus stop to move

This isn't 100%, but if you walk down Antoni Montis from the old bus stop on the roundabout, take the first right and by the car park and children's playground is where I understand it is now situated. I'm back on May 2nd but I guess you will be there before me! Hopefully the port will be tidied up before then.

lincs
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Port bus stop to move

The bus is leaving as you say from by the children's play area and in fact drives through the car park to get round the one way system. I caught it last week to Palma.

I wonder if we will ever get buses at the Repic end of town again. it seems a long way for hotel guests to trundle their cases, especially at the moment through all the road works.

I have enjoyed watching the progress on the front the last few weeks and when it is all finished it will look quite something and worth all the wait. Back to check next month!

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port bus stop to move

Many thanks for this.

I don't understand why there is only one bus stop in the port and again only one in the old town. It can't be very convenient for the locals.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Port bus stop to move

So I'm wondering if the bus stop *has* moved, and if someone can tell me where it is please? We're arriving in Port de Soller in two weeks, and we have directions from the bus-stop to an apartment in Calle Alaro, we don't want to get lost! Actually we don't have a street-name for the bus-stop anyway, so this information would be useful wherever it is! Thanks.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Port bus stop to move

I can never remember the name of the road but if you walk up Antoni Montis from the sea front and take the second left, the bus stop is on the right hand side by the playground. You pass the Prop supermarket on your left. If you are arriving by bus walk back the way the bus came into the road, turn right into Antoni Montis, turn left and walk along the sea front until you see the Ses Oliveres restaurant, turn left here and the road bears round to the right and then to the left. Just as you have rounded the left turn your row of holiday chalets are on your right. (presuming you haven't changed your booking and I got where you are staying right!). There are a couple of flights of steps you could take but if you have bags they are quite steep.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Edited: 10 May 2011, 22:39
Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Port bus stop to move

A word of warning when catching the bus - if getting the 9am bus into Palma get there early as this is a popular bus. Also be prepared to get elbowed, pushed and shoved out the way. I got there twenty minutes early on Thursday and was trying to get on the bus when I was elbowed aside by a man (couldn't call him a gentleman) using his full weight to get on the bus before me. You can be at the front of the queue and one of the last on, or even miss the bus if it's full, unless you at least try and stand your ground. The same goes for the tram. It takes a lot to make me angry but the manners of some people are none existent when it comes to queuing. The other trick is they wander up to the bus stop at the front of the queue to look at the timetable and then stay standing there to avoid going to the back of the queue. I use the buses fairly frequently to go elsewhere on the island and have never noticed this sort of behaviour to be as bad as it is in the port!

9. Re: Port bus stop to move

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 12:17