We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soller tram building work

Which Soller hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Soller tram building work

We are travelling in mid October to Puerto Soller, and are concerned that the alterations to the tram will spoil our holiday. Is the seafront at Soller still a building site, and does anyone know if it will affect the end of the bay near the Hotel Los Geranios ? Many thanks

Harrow
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soller tram building work

The plans are to start the building work again in the autumn but Los Geranios is at the Repic end of the bay with a pedestrian (apart from cyclists) promenade. You shouldn't be affected - enjoy your holiday in this lovely location.

If you plan to reach your hotel by bus take the L211 from the bus station in Palma to the little bus station in Sóller (less than €3 each) where you'll find a very convenient snackbar. If there is no taxi in sight the bar staff may (as they very kindly did for us) phone for one for you. If you want to phone for a cab with your UK mobile, dial (?) 00 34 971 63 84 84 - depending on how much luggage you have it will cost about €8 to Los Geranios

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soller tram building work

Thank you so much - that has put our minds at rest !

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soller tram building work

If you are taking the bus it would be better to stay on the bus down to the port. If you have a lot of luggage and you need a taxi there is a taxi rank in the port round the corner from the bus stop. If you have cases with wheels it's about a 10 minute walk round the water front to your hotel.

Work is due to start again along the sea front any day now but only the centre of the bay will be affected.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soller tram building work

Thanks for your advice....do you think the work starting any day now will mean lots of noise and dust everywhere ? I have no idea how disruptive it is likely to be. Will it make the beach an unpleasant place to be ? I haven't been to Puerto Soller for many years, but remember lovely swims in the horseshoe-shaped bay. It would be a shame if we couldn't enjoy the sea and the seafront cafes on this visit, and are seriously considering postponing our trip.

Harrow
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soller tram building work

The best (sandy) beach is at the Repic end of the bay, where you'll be staying and there are plenty cafes there too. Any work being done on the promenade and tramway will be a couple of hundred yards or more away. If you go to http://www.sollernet.com/downloaden.html

you can download a zipped map of Sóller with an inset map of the bay.

Your hotel is at the (left) western end of the bay and you'll see that the tram tracks are not close.

If it were me, I'd be packing already !!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
359 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soller tram building work

I am packing! over for a week in October. Staying at the Repic end. the tram works will not affect this side at all.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soller tram building work

Some portacabins have appeared today at the entrance to the Repic Beach end so I guess work is about to start.

Harrow
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Soller tram building work

You're probably back home now - how did it go ?

9. Re: Soller tram building work

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 04:15