We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motor/speed boats

Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Motor/speed boats

Hi.

Going back to Soller this August and staying in a cottage in the hills overlooking the town. We had a fantastic time last August and can't wait to return.

Could anybody tell me if we can hire a motor boat to self drive and explore the coves?

We saw small sail boats for rent last year but can't recall seeing motor boats.

Mentioned in this post
Soller
Soller
Majorca, Spain
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
6,093 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motor/speed boats

Hi, Do you have an ICC? (International Certificate of Competence) Without this or a RYA Powerboat 2 ticket I very much doubt anyone will hire you a motorboat. I may be wrong but bear this in mind...

Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Motor/speed boats

Hi. No I don't have either. Oh well, may have to put that on the back burner. We hired one in Portugal without a problem, but it was a bit slow (just faster than a pedalo) lol.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Motor/speed boats

Hi. No I don't have either. Oh well, may have to put that on the back burner. We hired one in Portugal without a problem, but it was a bit slow (just faster than a pedalo) lol.

Mentioned in this post
Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Motor/speed boats

There are a couple of shops towards the port end, one is called Nautilus and I can't remember the name of the other, but you can hire small boats without a license from them. One of the shops also has a spot on the beach so you could ask there.

5. Re: Motor/speed boats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:17