We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soller train celebrates 100 years

Which Soller hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Soller train celebrates 100 years

Official inauguration of the railway was on 16th April 1912. Have a look at this article: euroweeklynews.com/news/mallorca/91763-the-s…

The celebrations started March 9th, when a special exhibition dedicated to the 100 years of the train opens in the Ca'n Prunera museum in Soller. The exhibition ends May 6th.

Have a look at the Ca'n Prunera site:

canprunera.com/centenari-ferrocarril-de-soll…

The exhibition "The Soller Railway, 100 years of travel 1912-2012" will be the first of the celebratory events and will feature an extensive collection of documents, photographs and paintings from the railway’s own archives as well as a number of items, such as old uniforms etc. from private collections.

I think the exhibition is well worth a visit. And the house Ca'n Prunera as well.

Harrow
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soller train celebrates 100 years

You cannot believe just how fed up I was not to be there !!

Barry

http://www.majorcarailways.com

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soller train celebrates 100 years

Bazza. I adore your website.

Well done .

Harrow
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soller train celebrates 100 years

The website only covers major changes and events on the Majorcan railways.

I have a long list of interested people who are informed of the minor happeinings by means of emails.

If you're interested the information for signing up is at the bottom of each page.

Buenas dias,

Barry

4. Re: Soller train celebrates 100 years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:40