We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soller to Deija by taxi

chelmsford
Level Contributor
113 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Soller to Deija by taxi

Hi

Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to get a taxi to Deija from Soller or is this being very extravagant. My husband hates crowded buses especially in the middle of summer and he doesn't like the idea of hiring a car and driving through some of the hair raising bends I've read about. I would like to visit Deija and a couple of other places but if it's ridiculously expensive we'll have to think again.

Thanks for your help.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soller to Deija by taxi

Mayaling will know the exact price for you.

It`s not a lot if as you say you want to visit Deia.

The taxis are available from just below the railway station.

Enjoy a drink and ice cream at the Bar Es Tren,run by two lovely sisters. while you wait on your taxi.

chelmsford
Level Contributor
113 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soller to Deija by taxi

Thanks for the tip. The ice cream sounds very inviting. I was also thinking of visiting the other lovely village where the famous writer stayed. Perhaps Mayaling would also be able to help with me taxi information regarding that. Otherwise I think we'd be fine catching the little train to Palma and just walking to Fornalutx.

London
Level Contributor
533 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soller to Deija by taxi

It costs between €21 and €24 euros depending on what time you go at. As for a taxi to Valldemosa, where George Sand stayed, that would be a lot more as it's more than double the distance. If you go to the taxi rank in the town by the tram stop, there is a board with taxi prices to a lot of the towns listed, so it is clear before you get in.

Robert Graves house is at the beginning of deia, and I'd say it is worth a visit.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soller to Deija by taxi

(my experience is obviously based on the 'other way' as I was based in Deia but I hope the information helps anyway)

In Deia there is just the one taxi driver based near the bus stop (Juan - int 609.386.168) and, according to his price list, he charges approx. €20 one way to Soller although that is an estimate as he always uses the meter and charges you the exact fare which will probably be cheaper. I used Juan to get from Deia to the Airport one evening which is €55 according to his list but the final charge was actually €43 from his meter. I would imagine that there are many more taxi drivers in Soller as it is a much larger place and that the prices/experiences would be similar...

Between Deia and Soller I personally always used the 210 Bus (in fact a luxury coach rather than a 'bus') which your husband might like to know wasn't always busy - in fact several times I was one of less than half a dozen passengers but then I am an early morning traveller/explorer and was often on the first bus of the day. The journey time is approx. 25 minutes and the fare is only €1.50 pp one way!

By the 'other lovely village where the famous writer stayed' do you mean Robert Graves, author of 'I, Claudius' etc? If so then that is actually Deia anyway - although the excellent La Casa de Robert Graves museum is only about 500m outside of the village the 210 bus does actually stop there too. Coming from Soller it's the second stop that the bus makes (the first being Llualcari) but the driver will announce it if you ask him/her to - if you overshoot and end up in Deia village then it's only a 5-10 minute stroll back to the museum...

For some tips on how to travel on the vintage train from Soller to Palma without the crowds my review/photo has just been published by TA: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187463-d1…

I'd also highly recommend the Ca'n Prunera Museum of Modernism, Art and Architecture in Soller especially if you are fan of the Art Nouveau style - I haven't yet written a review for TA but some information and photos can be found here:

www.sollernet.com/canprunera/indexen.html

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soller to Deija by taxi

Oops, just seeing Diecysiete's post which occurred whilst I was writing mine the 'other village/writer' could of course be Georges Sand and Valldemossa - apologies all round...

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soller to Deija by taxi

We've not been able to get on the bus at Deija on a few occasions because it was already full

- these were during the hiking seasons though.

It's also a pleasant 3- 4 hour walk with a drink stop at cas Xorc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soller to Deija by taxi

We've not been able to get on the bus at Deija on a few occasions because it was already full

- these were during the hiking seasons though.

It's also a pleasant 3- 4 hour walk with a drink stop at cas Xorc.

chelmsford
Level Contributor
113 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Soller to Deija by taxi

Thank you so much for all your helpful comments. It does seem a little extravagant to get a taxi to these places when there are buses and we too are early bird so may miss the crowds. We hope to go mid June next year, so hopefully not too many tourists during that time.

The other place I was talking about was Valdemosse. Hope to be able to get there under our own steam as well.

Any more comments are very welcome

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Soller to Deija by taxi

Just checked the taxi price this morning and it is as Diecysiete says. I would use the bus if I were you - so much cheaper and it goes to both Deia and Valldemossa. If it's hot and you were planning to visit Fornalutx for lunch you can catch a bus at 1.15pm from Soller and then enjoy the off road walk back to Soller which is far less arduous than walking there as it is mostly downhill.

chelmsford
Level Contributor
113 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Soller to Deija by taxi

Thanks Mayaling, that sounds a nice idea.