We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soller in November

Which Soller hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Soller in November

Hi There,

I'm thinking of visiting Soller the first weekend in Nov for a few days. What will the town be like then, will there still be many shops/bars/restaurants open outside of the main season.

Also, any idea as to how cool or warm it may be at that time of year.

Haven't been before, but the reviews look great & the Es Port looks like it has rooms avail at a really great rate.

Thanks,

Paul

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soller in November

Soller is beautiful however it will be very quiet indeed come November.

One big bonus is that you can of course take the railway into Palma for the day.

The average temp is still around 66-70 degrees, although cloudy rainy days are certainly possible.

Its one of my favorite places on the island and ideal for a short relaxing break.

newcastle
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Soller in November

i,ve noticed that the esplendido hotel is staying open until december this year

don,t know why, but they might know that something is going on

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soller in November

Thanks for the info. If it's that quiet would it maybe better to stay in Palma & just visit Soller for the day? We are just looking for a few days break with a little culture, good food & weather better than the UK.

Paul

London
Level Contributor
515 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soller in November

Businesses in Soller have reported one of the busiest seasons ever, so it may continue to be busier. In the past, Esplendido has stayed open all year, it varies from year to year what is open and what is closed.

As for whether to stay on Soller or Palma, I'd probably suggest Palma at that time of the year, as your choice is more limited in Soller, also it can be cooler there because of the mountains.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soller in November

It all depends what you want from your short break.

If you stay in Palma then you`ll be having a city break. Is that what you want?

If you just want a relaxing few days in beautiful surroundings with maybe a trip to Palma on one day,then The Es Port,which you mention is a fantastic choice.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soller in November

We went last december and are going back this dec. We stayed in soller rather than the port, as the port seems to be very quiet in the winter. Soller on a sat morning is lovely as all the shops open out on tho the road around the square for the market. The only draw back is the last bus from palma to soller is about 7pm, so this year we are hiring a car for the 3 days.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soller in November

LonPaul you seem to be having the same dillema as me - I posted a question yesterday regarding which resort to go to in November and was advised on both Soller and Palma - I still dont know which one to book and we are hoping to be going on 1st November. I found some lovely decently priced hotels in Soller but am now wondering if it is going to be too quiet there - it looks absolutely gorgeous although if the mountains make it a bit cooler then maybe Palma would be better but at the moment I really cant make my mind up. Help!!!!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Soller in November

Don`t let the mountains dictate.

As i posted previously,what do you want from your holiday?

City break = Palma.

Soller/Port Soller is what it is.

Staying a very short time on the island in Palma won`t allow you time to see much other than the city.

For what it`s worth I`ve visited the island since 1971 and lived there for 5 years.

I doubt I`ve spent more than 24 hours in Palma in all that time.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Soller in November

I would suggest that you stay in Soller town, rather than the port. It is a working town so in November it will be business as usual but with fewer daytrippers.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Soller in November

Agree totally.

Sure,even Soller will be quiet,but as you rightly say,that`s purely down to lower numbers of tourists.

I love the town in winter.