We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks

scotland
Level Contributor
110 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks

Hi Folks,

Can anyone reccomend a nice place to have drinks in the evening in Porto Soller? We are going half board and although we may have a couple of meals out , we will mostly be eating at the Hotel.

Edited: 24 February 2013, 16:54
UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks

Hi, it's been a few years, but we stayed in PS in October and in the town in December.. we liked to stroll along to the Marina and have a bottle of wine at the Albatross, have a table on the quay and just watch people come and go... .This bar (used to) sell a really nice white wine called Bach which I have never seen for sale anywhere else. We would have a few tapas with it for lunch or as an appetiser before heading off to a restaurant in the evening, either way a delicious way to pass the time! I am sure others will recommend "nicer" places (and I would say that the Albatross is not a place to sit inside) but this was our favourite.

London
Level Contributor
575 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks

Next door to Albatross ( and owned by the same people) is Cava, which is vey nice to sit at - sofas outside. Randemar is also nice to sit at. Both these do good cocktails, and look out over the sea.

scotland
Level Contributor
110 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks

Thank you very much for the info. these sound like the kind of places we love. I will also be trying the Bach if I can get it!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks

The wines of Masia Bach are produced in Catalunya (Penedes). They are widely available in Spanish supermakets and in many Majorcan restaurants including Rte Stay in Pto Pollensa where it was the "house" wine on my last visit there. They are inexpensive and good quality for your money.

scotland
Level Contributor
110 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks

Thats good to know, Thank you.

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks

thanks for ths information WirralScouse... never seen it anywhere in the UK and could not find it on the 'net but I'll have another trawl for it following this!

7. Re: Drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Soller