We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

Which Soller hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

Hello, My wife and I are planning on staying in Soller for four nights in late July before moving on to a business/pleasure trip at Hotel Castillo Son Vida in Palma. As we will be spending most of our days and evenings out and about, we were looking for a cute simple place in town to stay (mainly sleep). Here's what we are looking for: clean accommodations, nice breakfast, very nice staff who are good at giving recommendations in regards to good local restaurants, etc. Looking to spend up to maybe about $200 or more USD per night. Hotel La Vila looks nice as well as the B & B Casa Bougainvillea (only concern is lack of air conditioning)?? Was originally looking at Salvia and Ca's Curial earlier in the year but are booked now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

We have stayed at Casa Bougainvillea twice and it is lovely but I would think you would want air conditioning in July and the rooms have fans only. La Vila is in a perfect location, right on the square, but haven't stayed there so can't comment on the rooms. You could also look at Ca'l Bisbe and Ca'n Abril. We have stayed at them both and they are really nice.

London
Level Contributor
501 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

The Gran Hotel is very nice, you might also like L'Avenida. Both are central, have very nice rooms, small pools. L'Avenida is more boutique type

seattle
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

Thank you both for your help. I love the look of L'Avenida (aleady looked at it) but it will about 350-400USD or moreper night which is a little more than we want to spend in Soller, as most of our time there will be out and about and not spent at the hotel. I'll take another look at both Ca'n Abril and Ca'l Bisbe. I guess my only concern is if I am making a mistake staying in town vs the port. It seems as though most of the Soller experts recommend staying at the port to be near the sea, closer to more restaurants, etc. but that little town square in Soller looks so cute. Any extra advice in regards to that would be greatly appreciated.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

My choice would be to stay in the town and enjoy the fantastic atmosphere of the place. I have also stayed at Ca'l Bisbe but for me it was not one of my favorites. We had the option to stay at the Grand Hotel and Ca'l Bisbe and we chose the latter due to the Grand not having much in the way of sunbathing facilities, I think we made the wrong choice.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

I agree with Hazer - I would stay in the town, it has much more authentic character than the port which, although very pretty, is a holiday resort rather than a 'real' town. You could always head down to the port for a couple of meals in the evening, or to the lovely little village of Fornalutx, which has some lovely restaurants (Es Turo, Ca Nantuna). You will get more of a feel for the 'real' Mallorca.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

Looking back at the OP, you say you are looking for a 'cute simple place'. Gran Hotel and L'Avenida are not simple. Casa Bougainvillea best fits that description, but then you don't get the AC. All of the accommodation in Soller is of a high standard and everywhere we have stayed has been spotlessly clean. If you are going to be out touring all day, then why pay the prices of the likes of Gran Hotel?

London
Level Contributor
501 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

I would personally not stay anywhere in July without air con, unless you can sleep in a sauna!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

Another vote for Casa Bougainvillea.

It`s a lovely place to come back to after you`ve been out all day and evening. Clean,and brilliantly located.

It`s also very,very popular with many repeat visitors so a lack of AC clearly isn`t an issue.

If your schedual is busy as you indicate,you`ll fall into a crisp clean bed and be fast asleep in no time.

The money saved can be spent on treats you maybe wouldn`t have budgeted for.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

When we went last time the price difference between the Grand Hotel and Ca'l Bisbe was negligible. Having said that we prefer to stay in smaller hotels but in Soller the choice is a bit limited especially if you want a pool. If we ever go back I have promised myself a stay at Ca's Curial.

Edited: 10 June 2013, 19:04
Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel La Vila, Casa Bougainvillea or other idea?

Has anybody ever managed to find Ca's Curial? We have been to Soller ten times now and have tried to find it on many, many occasions while out walking. We did find a rusty old name sign for it on one occasions, lying by the side of the road, but have never managed to find the hotel itself. Most strange.

Just had another thought; what about Ca's Sant?