We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sa Foradada

Eire
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sa Foradada

Hi there,

I was just reading about the restaurant at Sa Foradada on the Cliffside. It sounds brilliant. Has anyone been there?

What's the easiest way to get to it?

sollerconcierge.com/worth-a-visit/…

Thanks

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sa Foradada

Not tried getting there personally.

Sounds like you need to abseil!

Only accessible by sea or on foot.

Mmmm.

There`s only so far I`ll go for good food.

Sóller, Islas...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sa Foradada

I've only ever walked down there to go fishing, which is quite a hike, wouldn't fancy walking back up after a meal.

However, I think I heard you can drive down there. I'll try and double check when I get the chance.

Eire
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sa Foradada

Thanks for the replies guys!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sa Foradada

Tried this summer for the first time.

The food was fantastic, we had the paela and some seafood dishs and the kids had burgers which kept them happy but the views and the situation of the restuarant are worth the trip alone.

Easiest access is by boat but you can park by the mirador and walk down but believe that's 40 min/ 1 hr trek and ll up hill on the way back.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 22:32
Greater London...
Level Contributor
14 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sa Foradada

We've just been - it's fab. A simple, summer-only paella restaurant built into the cliff at the end of a spectacular promontory on the north coast of Mallorca. Hostess Lidia is charming, her staff helpful, and Dad sweats over a wood fire as he has done for many years, cooking up great paella. They will also do fish, chicken, meat and salads, according to what they have.

Only two ways to get there - by boat (either your own charter yacht or a day trip from Puerto de Soller - try the helpful Brits who run Mezzo Magic Sailing, they will take you there); or by foot from the lookout and car park on the road just west of Deia at km65.5, signed to Son Marroig.

Once parked, follow the road for about 100 yards past the mirador, clifftop restaurant (this is NOT the one you are looking for!) and lovely old stone mansion on the right. Just last the mansion house is a locked gate, and on the other side of it a wooden sign to Sa Foradada restaurant.

Follow the track, first thru olive trees, then pines, as the views open up below you. It's about 45 minutes down (we took slightly longer with enthusiastic 6 and 7 year olds), and you won't see the restaurant until the last minute, hidden at the end of the walk. Spectacular views from the open air terraces of the restaurant and a stony cove far below where you can go swimming after, before the 50 minute walk back up. You can comfortably do it in trainers, possibly even flip flops if used to walking in them, but do take water for the trip back up.

Lydia may offer a taxi service to get young or old back up the hill after, at 20 euros a 4WD-full - she got our six youngsters back up whilst the adults walked. You can call her on +34 616 087 499 to check it is open and make a reservation, I recall she speaks some English.

We hiked it in early August: hot but very well worth it for a memorable lunch and swim. Highly recommended - and enjoy the smug satisfaction that many people won't be willing to put in the effort to get there.

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sa Foradada

Thank you for your post

Edited: 22 November 2013, 11:36
Brighton
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sa Foradada

Hi my partner an I are going to Sa Foradada on the 5th May 2014 using Mezzo Magic Sailing. I'm wondering if theres any other people interested in coming along and share the costs of €200

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sa Foradada

We want to do the same trip but don't get to Soller until later that week. Shame, would have been good to split the cost!

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sa Foradada

We ate there this week; the food was delicious. The only access is by boat, although I understand you could walk the three kilometres from the nearest road. Well worth a visit.

10. Re: Sa Foradada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Soller