We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking Cuber Lake -> Col de l'Offre -> Soller

Castanet-Tolosan...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking Cuber Lake -> Col de l'Offre -> Soller

Hello,

we go on vacation soon in Port de Pollensa.

I spotted several rides that might interest us, and among them the path Cuber Lake -> Pass Offer -> Soller.

Is it wiser to park at Lake and then hike, then back by taxi or bus, or to park in Soller, then ride by taxi / bus and then hike?

Thank you in advance to those who can answer.

Mentioned in this post
Cuber Lake
Cuber Lake
58 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Soller
Soller
Majorca, Spain
Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,898 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking Cuber Lake -> Col de l'Offre -> Soller

Hi jpv94. I don't think it really makes much difference which way round you do it, but I definitely wouldn't recommend you attempt this walk in July, August, or even September, especially if you are planning to take in L'Ofre en route, as it will be far too hot. It is long and there is no shade worth speaking of. You zig zag down the old mule path of the barranc and you are totally exposed - you will bake!

We have done this hike a couple of times whilst staying in Soller (in April/October). Once we got a taxi to Cuber and I think we paid around 25 euros; the next time we got the 9.10 am bus (there is only one a day) from Soller and got off at the reservoir. It is a lovely hike through gorgeous scenery and the views are amazing.

Mentioned in this post
Soller
Soller
Majorca, Spain
Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking Cuber Lake -> Col de l'Offre -> Soller

Hi jpv94 as B&PT say this walk is far too strenous and exposed for summer time, I do occasionally see groups of "Nordic walkers" buzz past my place at a rate of knotts on the way to Deia / Soller but they cannot be enjoying the scenery, Donkey finds them quite amusing and often laughs at them

Mentioned in this post
Deia
Deia
Majorca, Spain
Soller
Soller
Majorca, Spain
Castanet-Tolosan...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking Cuber Lake -> Col de l'Offre -> Soller

Good morning,

ok, I'll follow your advice and forget this hike !

However, are the altitude trekking, as the ascent of Puig Tomir or Puig Massanella, also difficult because of the heat?

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,898 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking Cuber Lake -> Col de l'Offre -> Soller

Yes - I would forget hiking at all in Mallorca during the above mentioned months. I honestly think it would be irresponsible to even try. Even out of the summer season it can be boiling hot. We went at the end of October/beginning of November 2013 and there was a heatwave. We were silly enough to attempt to hike, because that is what we had gone to do, but it was very challenging indeed slogging uphill in 30 degrees plus. It wasn't very enjoyable.

If you want to try a short stroll, then you could walk from Puerto Pollenca to Calle Boquer. It's not far, but once you are in the Boquer valley you get the feeling that you are somewhere very remote and away from it all. It would be easy to turn back if you found it was too hot.

Mentioned in this post
Pollenca
Pollenca
Majorca, Spain
5. Re: Hiking Cuber Lake -> Col de l'Offre -> Soller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:15