We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange money in England or Soller?

North Wales...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange money in England or Soller?

Hi, just looking for people's opinions on the best place to change your money to Euro's?

Last time we went to Soller i saw a currency exchange booth in the center of the PMI airport that offered better rates than i got at home.Has anyone used this? I'm not too sure what the cash machines rates are either? In general do people change there money in Soller or England for better rates?

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange money in England or Soller?

I have always found the rates almost the same in resort and at home , i get mine at home so i dont have to worry about doing it away , also i have always found the airport exchanchanges poorer than resort , enjoy your stay , Ron .

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange money in England or Soller?

I go online and get the best deal available in advance.

As a Santander customer I also use the ATM at no cost to withdraw Euros if necessary.

Under no circumstances exchange currency at an airport.

London
Level Contributor
599 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange money in England or Soller?

Unless you are changing a lot of money, it makes very little difference where you exchange. I believe that some pre-pay cards give very good exchange rates in the UK, and are probably safer than bringing a load of cash. Check with your bank how much they will charge you for using your card abroad, either in cash machines or to spend directly, as these vary a lot between different banks

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange money in England or Soller?

Santander in Soller is the same as Santander in Sheffield.

Airports exchanges,especially Travelex are notorious for appalling deals.

Link to comparables.

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

North Wales...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange money in England or Soller?

Thanks for your replies guys! Think i'll just exchange my money in England, then spend it all in lovely Soller in September!

6. Re: Exchange money in England or Soller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 06:15