We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina hotel

Which Soller hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leics
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marina hotel

What is the food like if you go HB at the Marina . Also can anyone recomend another hotel in P. Soller at a sensible price with a view of the harbour ?

Chester, England
Level Contributor
242 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina hotel

Hi.

The food at the Marina Madrid hotel is pretty basic, it's about the only thing that lets it down.

For more info check further down the soller Forum under the heading of - Hotel.

I beleive the hotel Esplendido is very nice ( same ownership as the Portixol, which is a reccommendation in itself)

http://www.esplendidohotel.com/

Not sure about the rates though, also has a sea front position.

Be careful as they are making alot of changes to P.S. area involving roadworks etc, not sure if they've finished yet but as well to find out before you book.

We stayed at the Marina Madrid hotel in April 03 and had a wonderfull time ( alfresco breakfasts on the pedestrianised promenade, watching those wonderfull sunsets, listening to live music while watching the world go by, can still hear "spanish eyes" as i type.

Regards

Carl.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina hotel

Hi Lutterworth

Carl is right to suggest The Esplendido great position and lovely views - although a little pricey.

Another idea would be the hotel Puerto Soller, although there are lots of steps to get up to it so only to be considered if you are good on your feet! Decent hotel with a view to die for and sensible prices. As for the food we did not eat in the hotel, except for breakfast - which was fine. But you can get B&B and there are lots of great restuarants in the resort.

But take a look at the list to the left of this page for more suggestions.

There has been a lot of improvements going on to the harbour front and there has been working on a new tunnel to bring cars in to the resort. By all accounts though it should all be completed by December of this year so should not cause you a problem.

Lanska

Harrow
Level Contributor
129 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina hotel

The Marina is a good, clean two-star hotel. Having stayed there about 7 times at various times of year I would advise the B&B option as there are SO MANY great restaurants in PdS. The A La Carte evening menu at the Marina is also good but the "included" evening meal somewhat basic.

The views over the bay are to die for !!

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina hotel

I agree with BazzaSoft. The Hotel Marina is great and the location is wonderful. Read my reviews on TA.

uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina hotel

We've stayed in a few hotels in the port.... Marina is exactly that ....2 star & basic. Some rooms are not good. The exterior is lovely, great views & they are friendly but if you are looking for luxury.... Not the Marina. Esplendido has excellent reviews but pricey....My favourite for a traditional hotel and good food is Es Port, although we have stayed in some good apartments & self catered as there are really good restaurants around. Try Owners Direct we stayed in B738 this year - it was very good.

6. Re: Marina hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 05:29