We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortosa Forum

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tortosa Forum

Has anyone had experience of using this forum? I signed up to it last year and made a couple of posts but they were completely hijacked by a few unpleasant characters and so I no longer use it. I do occasionally use it as a guest but it seems to have deteriorated even further and whoever is running it seems to have no control over what is put on there or rather chooses to have no control over it and as a result it seems to be full of bickering and negativity.

Does anyone know of any other forum that is a bit more positive in nature?

Catedral de Tortosa
Churches & Cathedrals
Municipal Market
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Architectural Buildings
Suda de Tortosa
Historic Sites, Castles, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Via Verde del Baix Ebre
Equestrian Trails, Biking Trails, Hiking Trails
26 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortosa Forum

TA forums have no control, so on small city forums you can find good info if any member knows that place and give good advices or bad info if the ones who reply there know not too much about the place or they have interest in closer places.

As it looks like you know alot that area you could take care of Terres de l'Ebre forums and put some light there. Obviously it can be a lost of time if "trolls" smell new blood, but you could try for a time :)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,362 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortosa Forum

Totally agree with Slatkin... and if you do I'll be very pleased to drop by from time to time to help, albeit my knowledge of the area is not that high... but I still can punch a few :)

Tortosa, and Terres de l'Ebre in general (and beyond too: Terra Alta, etc) are areas which, being unspoiled -in comparison to other areas in Catalonia-, treasure really nice places for tourists... it's a shame there's no more debate on this forum going on.

Edited: 27 January 2014, 04:12
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortosa Forum

Thanks, I'm not sure how much time I will have but I will try to at least respond to enquiries from people who want to know more about the area. Obviously I am well placed because I lived there for two years and continue to visit regularly throughout the year and have Catalan friends there.

Edenbridge, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortosa Forum

Hello

We have had our little Finca near Tortosa for 10 years now and I too have viewed the forum although not much over the last few years. I think it is one of the most negative forums I have viewed, perhaps too many people have too much time on their hands!! We don't live their it is our holiday bolt hole but we love the area and has made us want to see the rest of Spain although I think we have been spoilt.

Don't judge everyone by their views.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortosa Forum

Hi Edendeb. Glad to hear you are happy with your Finca. My sister has just bought a lovely finca near Gandesa and we have a place in Gandesa itself. We absolutely love going there for holidays. We go to other places but they just don't compare! I think it's because we know the area so well and don't feel like we are just tourists anymore. Every time we go we discover somewhere new that is absolutely stunning, such as the rock-pools on the rivers near Horta de Sant Juan and Beceite or Calaceite close to Gandesa. It's a shame that the Tortosa forum has become so negative because it's useful to compare notes about the area. This is why I'm using this forum instead. I'm also trying to promote the area a bit more as I think it deserves it!

Edenbridge, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tortosa Forum

Hi

It is a great area. We love the Terra Alta area even though we are on the other side of the Ports. There are some fantastic villages and it always amazes me the brilliant restaurants and bars you discover in these places. We are very lucky our little place is in the foothills of the Ports and when we look out from our patio we have a brilliant view of mountains.

Owning a finca in this area has made us learn a little Spanish (must admit we are quite lazy and have only learn tourist Spanish), try real Spanish food, the fantastic wines that the Terra Alta produces, and if you just get off the usual tourist areas you will discover the most beautiful places. I think Spain gets bad press when you think of the Costa del Sol but it is a fantastic country.

I love your profile picture, I think we all have one of those and all our visitors as well.

Debbie

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tortosa Forum

Miravet, as if you didn't know! I'm just dreaming of some warm sunshine out in La Terra Alta as we sink in the mud here in Somerset!!!

Thun, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tortosa Forum

Hi there, Will be staying in Bitem in July for 2 weeks any tips would be highly appreciated , good restaurants, walks, best beaches on the coast to go to etc.

Thanks Tim

Mora de Ebro...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tortosa Forum

Hi Almendra

I'm thoroughly in agreement with you about the Tortosa Forum. There appears to be a nucleus of members on there who constantly criticise the people and the country in which they have chosen to live.

There are no other local forums as far as I know. For that reason, I have recently made a group on Facebook called Ebro Chat. The intention is to share info about the area - fiestas, events etc as well as everyday chat and questions about life in this region. If you are on Facebook, you are welcome to join us.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tortosa Forum

Thanks, I will definitely look that one up and hope it becomes a positive venue to chat about the area and a 'Troll free' zone!

Reply to: Tortosa Forum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tortosa
Recent Conversations