We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self catering accomodation in Plockton

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Self catering accomodation in Plockton

Hi

Myself and my husband are planning our first trip to Scotland later this year and have pretty much decided we would like to base ourselves in Plockton or one of the nearby villages.

We would like to stay in a self catering cottage to give us greater flexibility and to allow us time to just chill for at least a couple of the days.

We would really like a water view from our accomodations but are struggling to find anything to suit as many of the properties are too large for the 2 of us and therefore out of our price range.

We would ideally like something which is quite modern on the interior.

We would like to be close enough to walk to a pub/restaurant.

Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Isle of Skye...
Level Contributor
557 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self catering accomodation in Plockton

Hi there,

try www.cottageguide.co.uk

there is normally a fair selection of properties on this site and you should be able to check the availability calendars for most of them too!

Have a great visit to the area!

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self catering accomodation in Plockton

Would you consider Dornie?

Dornie is a lovely little lochside village where Eilean Donan Castle is based. There is The Dornie hotel/pub for food, The Clachan bar, The Loch Duich hotel and a small well stocked shop, you also have the castle to visit with its coffee shop and is a few miles drive to Plockton & Lochalsh. There a lots of lovely cottages scattered on the shoreside at Dornie - this is one of them

http://www.rentkilimanjaro.com/

also these lodges

http://www.dornie-lodges.co.uk/

I think the whole area along Loch Long/Loch Duich leading into the Kyle of Lochalsh is a fantastic area - so much to see and do. I think Dornie would be the ideal base to see it all.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,198 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self catering accomodation in Plockton

Check out www.plockton.com

Someone else recently looked at a property called An Aird which looked nic.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,198 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self catering accomodation in Plockton

...Looked nice...(not looked nic.)

Sorry

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self catering accomodation in Plockton

Thank You both!

I have come accross the Dornie lodges whilst searching and they look lovely.I was really keen but for some reason could not do it (either out of our budget or not available-cant remember which.

We have booked now, a property we found on the Plockton website, its called the barn and is based on a farm on the outer edges of Plockton. It looks great and was very reasonably priced.

I will give feedback after our stay-which unfortunately is not until September-cant wait!

6. Re: Self catering accomodation in Plockton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Plockton