We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question about the beach

Wyoming
Level Contributor
926 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
A question about the beach

I've read many reviews about the Valentin beach - one section having a rocky entry into the water and the other section having soft sand with a much better swimming area. I was looking at the resort on Google maps and it appears that the north end of the beach (to the left as you look at the water) is the better for swimming - is that right? It also looks like there is a large row of palapas just to the north of the resort's property line. Are these palapas part of the Valentin or do they belong to another resort? Thanks for your help - I'm sure I'll have many more questions as my trip to paradise gets closer.

k

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A question about the beach

You are correct in your assessment of the beach/swimming area at the VIM. Additionally, yes the loungers go pretty far to the North, then you should see homes after them.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A question about the beach

You have it exactly correct. We like the quiet beach. If you look on google you can see it is a very large beach for only 15 palapas which we like because it is like being on a deserted beach, but one with a bar.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
926 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A question about the beach

goodspkr - I think I see the beach you are talking about on Google. Is it in front of building 13?

k (also from the Denver area)

Ays08
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A question about the beach

Yes, where exactly is the quiet beach?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A question about the beach

Is it in front on Building 13-- yes, but the entrance is between buildings 11 and 12. As you go down the path to the beach you pass the bar.

Edited: 16 May 2013, 19:58
P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A question about the beach

Is it difficult (towel game?) to get a palapa on the quiet section of the beach?

PC

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A question about the beach

We go in December which is still the low season although we stay til Xmas day and it does get crowded then. To be honest I've never seen all the palapas taken on the quiet beach (been there 5 times). So the answer to your question is it isn't difficult to get a palapa there but I can't vouch for the high season.

Austin, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A question about the beach

We went a few weeks ago and never had to "save" a seat to be under a palapa in the quiet section of the beach. There was always seats open there.

Ontario
Level Contributor
782 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A question about the beach

they are adding more shade palapa's...six when I was there last week and a few more that needed to be thatched still.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A question about the beach

We do our trips during the low season, no problemo.

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto