We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Topic
valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

Hi all,

My soon to be husband and I, are planning to book this resort for Feb 2014

is it worth to book the emerald jr. suites, I do know there is not a true oceanfront rooms at this resort, so is it worth to pay more for that suite??? Or should I go for the Golden or Silver suites, but if we go for these suites would like a nice view of the main pool? Does anybody have a good building number I should request, and possible a good room number they stayed in.

any suggestion would be great!!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

The general consensus to b book a Golden or a Golden swimup. The emeralds are not worth it and the Goldens are larger :)

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

The emeralds are true oceanfront. Steps from the beach; however, the view is in many cases obstructed by vegetation. If view is what you covet, request second floor-about half of those have a view. If closeness to the palapas and water are important, emerald is your room. The hot tubs in this category take some time to fill, FYI.

;

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

I have stayed in an emerald 4 times and have been lucky enough to have an ocean view all 4 times. I think the only reason to upgrade is if you are going to use the huge jacuzzi which does take about 45 minutes to fill completely. The next time we are going to pay for a cheaper room and stay 9 nights. A pool view is even a little hard to come by. I am thinking the best chance is in the least expensive category and I am thinking it is building five but, don't quote me on that.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

Pools views are best from buildings 4 and 5 - deluxe junior suites.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

View-schmoo (just a frustrated comment) Really how long are you in your room? I know WE are only in there to clean up, dress and sleep. Other than that I have from 7am to 6pm and excellent view of the ocean or pool by being in those locations. I understand if this is your first time/special occasion or if you got money to burn, go ahead and get the top suite. I buy the cheap rooms and then see if they want to treat me nice with a free upgrade because I'm a big dog TA poster. Works about 70% of the time. The money I save is recycled into the next 7 night Mexican vacation 3-4 months down the road.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

Yep, I'm about to turn 60 so I'm getting a little grumpy. Does it show?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

I agree that it really depends on whether you will use the jacuzzi several times during your trip otherwise IMO the golden or even the standard room is the route to go. We are room snobs ourselves and have stayed in an emerald. Next time I'm going with a standard room or a golden if we can get an upgrade.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

I loved our golden suite, bldg. 6, 2nd floor. Had a great view of the quiet pool with the ocean in the distance. 2nd floor rooms have a larger balcony plus you won't have the sun streaming early in the morning thru the skylights.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

The only type of room where I have heard complaints are Silver suites due to the lack of privacy in the bathroom. Silver and the Basic are the same size however the silver has two sinks vs one in the basic room. Golden suites have about 100 extra square feet. Location wise the best buildings IMHO are buildings 6, 4,5, 3, 14, 13, and 12. Some people who stay in the Silver Suite feel they are close to everything,.

Austin, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: valentin imperial..... question which room catogory??

We were in building 11 second floor. It was worth it for the view, access to the quiet beach and bar. Having the hot tub was almost worthless because it was too warm to use it and it took forever to fill.

We'd definitely consider getting the emerald suites again but it's far from being a no brainer go to choice.

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto