We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A resort like Valentin? For families?

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
A resort like Valentin? For families?

Anyone been to the Valentin that can offer some advice? We were at the Valentin and so far is one of our favorites! Food awesome, beds awesome, pools and setting clean and lush and then the best part the awesome beach and ocean!!! (love playing and swimming in the rolling waves on this beach) Have any of u been to a comparable resort with beach and water like this that welcomes couples with toddlers/babies. We want to go to a resort with our 1 1/2 yr old this winter. She is an amazing baby, so well behaved and fun, most won't ever know she is there, except to look and see how cute she is lol! so we don't think we have to go to a resort that is over run with all kids, not yet anyways.

We can go anywhere in Mexico or Dominican...

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A resort like Valentin? For families?

Occidental Grand has great wildlife that she may enjoy. We thought the food and liquor selection was very good for its rating. There is just a lagoon type swimming area that you might like for her age?

In the DR, you might look at Majestic Colonial - great beach and pool. My kids still talk about our family trip to Ocean Blue many years later.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A resort like Valentin? For families?

I would look in to the Azul properties. IMO they look like adults only resorts but cater to young families.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A resort like Valentin? For families?

Hi Bloomfield the occidental grand you suggest is that the xcaret one in riviera? Is it part of caret? That would be a bonus as be something for us to do. Do u get entrance to it by staying at that resort

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A resort like Valentin? For families?

I'd look at the Dream properties. AM Resorts has Secrets, Dreams and a bunch more now. Food, service etc. are excellent. I like the beds at VIM better than AM Resorts, but we did stay a number of years ago at Dreams Tulum and it is very nice.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A resort like Valentin? For families?

You use to get admission to Xcaret but, I am pretty sure they did away with that. Have you checked out the Iberostar properties?

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A resort like Valentin? For families?

Yes, the Occidental I was referring to was XCaret. When we went we did get a one day pass to the park..nothing special in our opinion. We have also stayed at Dreams Riviera Cancun and loved it - it is totally geared towards kids. The reason I suggested OGX is because of the lagoon type beach and swimming for your young one. DRC is a wonderful resort though with a great kids club.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A resort like Valentin? For families?

Occidental Grand does not give a complimentary passes to XCaret anymore, and their beach is really not good (also Azul and Dreams resorts beaches are not good). Try Barcelo Palace or any resort in Playacar.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 00:11
8. Re: A resort like Valentin? For families?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto