We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

Texas
Level Contributor
779 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

A lot of people have asked about guys' shoes and I feel we have that covered, but now I'm obsessing over my shoes. Are nice, platform, blingy flip flops ok, or do I need to find dressy sandals? I'm taking some cute sundresses, but they just don't look right with fancy sandals. After all of my harping on my sweet hubby having to take pants so we can enjoy the nice restaurants, I don't want to be the reason we can't.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

Plenty of people will be wearing the wedge/blinged out flip flops but a lot of people also dress up for the nicer restaurants. I usually bring some gladiator style flats and a few pair of strappy flat (sometimes small wedge) sandals. I go to Marshall's with a $20-30 budget & see how far I get. I got the cutest pair of gladiators last week that are more comfortable than flip flops (I like the back heel straps) & IMO dress it up a bit more.

Edited: 06 July 2013, 02:29
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

Wedges and blingy.flipflops will be perfect. There are wooden walkways with gaps between the boards near the restaurants, so high heals can get caught between. Believe me, had it happen to me, ended up walking carrying my shoes!

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

My wife used to bring a couple pair of heels on our first few trips....not any longer. She now has a few different blingy flip flops that she wears at night. I have to say she can get all dressed up in a nice dress, jewelry and blingy flips and looks great. It is just not worth the risk with heels at night (drinks, cracks in cement, bridges, etc).

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

My wife just will not give up the 5 inch heels even on vacation. She gets totally decked out for the evenings at the resorts. Even though her outfits take up the bulk of our luggage, I guess I like it.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

I will party with DonCarlos one of these days/years in Mexico - I am convinved of it!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

DC- I had to slowly let the heels go since my passion for drinking copious amounts of alcohol has slowly surpassed my passion for heels. I never thought it would happen but I've turned finding cute flats into an art, especially since I convince myself that i can dance after 3 drinks or so. I envy your wife (and anyone else that does heels on vacation)!

Texas
Level Contributor
779 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

Thanks for the advice. I will be taking my blingy flip flops and my new strappy sandals. I, unlike Kelli, have never been a high heel kind of girl- my innate clumsiness combined with ACL replacement surgery (snow skiing accident on our honeymoon...did I mention I'm a klutz?) do not make heels a safe bet for me under any circumstances. I just look at them and envy the graceful women that can pull them off. :)

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

I have a set of blingy sandals that I bought. --- actually 3 sets - DSW gets a lot of my money. They are all flats. I learned it's easier to wear the flats after I had a low heel get caught in the planking at VIM. One set has pearls with rhinestones laced through them, one set is black velour and one set is satin with chunky rhinestones. These have served me well with my sundresses. Love to wear them at the resort and they can even do sand without a problem.

9. Re: VIM Restaurants and Ladies' Shoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto