We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald suits at VIM

Madison, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Topic
Emerald suits at VIM

On what floors Emerald suits are located: first and second? If yes, any preference and difference between the suits on first and second? We have booked emerald suit for November 9. What's the weather like in November? Thank you!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emerald suits at VIM

The Emerald suites are located in buildings 9-14 and are only 2 stories high. You may have a better view of the ocean from a second floor as there is quite a bit of vegetation between the building and the ocean.

November is the end of the rain/hurricane season, so there may be a chance of rain. Temps should be in the 80s

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emerald suits at VIM

2nd floor- 9/10/11 is what ya want :) Unless ya wanna walk a lot more - then pick 12-14 :)

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emerald suits at VIM

In addition to the great info provide by the previous posters, you may wish to note that views from the Emeralds - even the top (second) floor ones) is rather hit and miss due to the vegetation. To avoid disappointment, I would very strongly advise against booking an Emerald for the view - book it because you like the layout of the suite or the location of the buildings, not 'cos of the view (which may turn out to be non-existent).

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emerald suits at VIM

Buildings 9/10/11 mentioned above are actually in the farthest southeast corner of the resort-- 12/13/14 are closer to the center of the resort, but on the ocean side.

Lower floor rooms are open to the outside with a grassy area containing 2 lounge chairs, and I believe most have a hammock on the patio. The lower-floor patios and upper-floor balconies contain a table and 2 chairs.

Here's a link to a panoramic image taken from the balcony of 11201, a 2nd-floor corner emerald suite in the middle of all the Emerald buildings: http://i.imgur.com/ifUdRJE.jpg

And the straight-out view: http://i.imgur.com/bmC4KJN.jpg

When I get around to it, I'll upload other photos I took from the beach side of all the Emerald buildings. It is my belief that we had possibly the most open view available. However, it did overlook a pathway to the small beach bar and beach wedding area.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emerald suits at VIM

OMG- yes, GEEK is correct!!!! :) try and get a higher #. :)

Madison, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Emerald suits at VIM

Very nice pictures. Thank you!

Madison, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Emerald suits at VIM

Thank you, very helpful info!

8. Re: Emerald suits at VIM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto