We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

My wife got a call from her friend, who with her husband were going to accompany us to the Valentine Imperial Maya, September 20-27. I guess we are on our own now. Either way, I expect to have too much fun!

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

At least you won't have to decide on any day to day activities and excursions with a 4 person commitee!

I really enjoy travelling with my family but some times just deciding where to eat can be a long debate!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,513 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

I am sure you will have a lovely time just you and your wife!

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

I know, this may keep me from having to go into Playa del Carmen. Been there many times, rather not repeat that, as the VIM will have everything I'm going to need. We have been to Mexico more than 30 times, so tell me how much more "almost free junk" do I really need. I may give in and take the wife to a restaurant there, if I am sober enough at the end of the day. Don't hold your breath.

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

You can have a very romantic time, just the two of you!

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

We usually travel in April as a couple for our anniversary and then go with our friends in November. This year our friends also had to drop out so it will just be the wife and I at the VIM.

I have to say that I prefer the trips with our traveling partners. More people to talk to, discussions to have, more people than just me "having a few too many", etc. etc.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

You're arriving on our 5 year anniversary so have a few drinks for us for the anniversary vacation we can't take this year!

We're heading to PDC next Friday for my 30th bday. We'll be there 3 nights then our travel friends will join us. I'm excited since it will be a little of both.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
485 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

As others have said...it's not a bad thing.

Niles MI
Level Contributor
150 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

If you want to meet people to get together for dinner etc... it's pretty easy to do. We always make a few friends we end up having drinks with or even going to dinner together. It's kind of fun if you want that social aspect, we have met people from all over.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

I know, we always end up meeting a bunch of really good friends for a few days. At least this way, I can stick to my own routine. ;-)

10. Re: Our travel partners dropped out today. We will be alone!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto