We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from the VIM

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Walking from the VIM

First time to Mexico, can you walk for miles like you can in Punta Cana or are there no other resorts close by. We really enjoy walking from resort to resort. Any other suggestions of adult only resorts where you can do this?

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from the VIM

Love the VIM - you can walk for miles in both directions but resorts are not one after another like PC. I do love that about PC though. Secrets Silversands and ERC both have resorts in both directions. These are both adult only since you first mentioned VIM (also adult only).

Glenview, Illinois
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from the VIM

I enjoy the fact that there are not a lot of other resorts in the immediate vicinity of the VIM. You can walk on the beach in either direction for some distance before you encounter other resorts. There are a smattering of private homes, and some are vacant whereas some are occupied. You should have aqua shoes or some type of foot protection if you do decide to take a stroll along the beach front. There will be stretches of great sand and also areas with rocks and some debris.

We like it this way because when you are walking you don't feel as if you are tresspassing on other properties. Being more isolated like this also keeps the VIM beachfront from getting overrun with wandering natives selling their wares.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,809 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from the VIM

"You should have aqua shoes or some type of foot protection if you do decide to take a stroll along the beach front."

I think this may be something that varies from time to time. I've been to the VIM four times and have walked a LOT (including all the way to Maroma Beach to the south) and never needed water shoes.

There are no public beach bars or restaurants (or washrooms) that I'm aware of outside of Playa del Carmen and Puerto Morelos, neither of which are within walking distance of the VIM. If you decide to go for a lengthy walk, make sure you have plenty of water (and sunscreen!) with you.

Edited: 12 August 2013, 14:17
United States
Level Contributor
100 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from the VIM

Good information! Thanks to all!

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from the VIM

Always carry a bottle of tequila with you. Never know when you will need it for a snake bite. BTW I always take a snake along with me. No problems.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking from the VIM

LOL - Don Carlos, you are a hoot!

7. Re: Walking from the VIM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto
Recent Conversations