We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
267 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

How much is a taxi from the airport to the VIM?

We are flying stand-by on Sunday and am not sure about booking with Canada Transfers as we are not sure which flight we will be on.

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

Thirty five should cover you.

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
267 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

Thank you - are all the Taxi companies 'legit' ? or should we beware of some?

We've never taken a taxi from airport to hotel before - this will be the first time.

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

The folks at the VIM have a line they call for you at checkout. We have never had a problem. Taxis are unionized though so no tip necessary, but we do tip anyway.

Cayuga, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

From the airport to VIM is going to cost you more than $35. I believe it's $65-$70 now to grab a taxi at the airport, and the rate is set by contract between the airport and the cab company. Basically, CUN taxis operate as just another transfer company, but one that's "on demand".

In your shoes, I would contact USA Transfers and explain your situation. You don't have flights set in stone, but during our winter travels the past few years, we've had flight changes, delays, cancellations....one trip all of those occurred, and yet USA was still there waiting for us and had us in our van in minutes.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,568 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

$35 surprised me as well - I don't even think you can get a taxi back to the airport at that price

Taxi fares out of the airport are by one company called Yellow taxis/transfers and are thus higher than the open market coming back to the airport

For a list of all the transfers (and cabs) see this post - prices will be less of course as I quoted Akumal , not VIM (will be less)

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k6931…

Edited: 22 October 2013, 15:40
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

Definitely not $35 from the airport to the hotel (which is always more than the hotel back to the airport). Last year it was $80 to El Dorado Maroma, which is just a bit south.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
231 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

When you know what flight you are on call Kinmont Cancun shuttle- 1-888-811-4256 . They are awesome ..we have used them every year for the last 10 years.. If you are in the Travel business carole they give a 10 % discount.

It should cost about 55.00 USD one way ..Our return transfers for Novevmber this year came to 85.;00 for 2 of us.

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
267 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

Thank you everyone for the information -

I decided to go with Canada Transfers and explained that we may be on one of 2 flights arriving on Sunday.

Another 5 days to go.....

Vancouver
Level Contributor
231 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

enjoy-- we will be back forf 2 weeks Nov 18th Luv the place to bits

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Valentin Imperial Maya

Sorry, I misread the post. I was returning you to the airport and it honestly did cost us 40 USD inc. tip last Nov.

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto