We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
208 reviews
Save Topic
Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

We are now down to less than 2 Weeks to go, arriving at VIM for our second visit on November 7th.

Since I literally walk around all day long and our friends are not going with us this time, I am going to have more time on my hands to get into trouble while my wife sits and reads under her palapa (her favorite vacation activity).

So, if you have any questions that you would like answers to let me know and I will do everything that I can to go and find the answers. Want to know if your favorite employee is still there, I will go and seek them out......what to know if they serve a specific alcohol, I will find out.....want to know how long it takes to walk from the lobby to the beach, I will walk/time it. My wife said she will play along if the ladies have any specific questions for her as well as she likes to read my live from thread before I send it each day (she likes to add her two cents and remind me of things if I had been over-served the day before and forget something).

I will definitely be doing a LIVE FROM thread, so you can check that out if you are interested to see your answers. I will make a list and check them off as I do/answer them.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
180 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

Yay, its almost here Jeff. Have a great time!! Looking forward to reading your Live reviews!! Feb 22 can't come quick enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

Could you tell me if they have bombay sapphire gin and any half decent cognac.

Livonia,MI
Level Contributor
281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

Jeff, Have a great trip and thanks for the offer. I have some questions and you may already know the answers. I see on the map that there is a business center. Is there a computer and printer available to print a boarding pass? Also, I've read comments about having to walk a long way on the beach to pass the reserved bali beds to get to the palapas. So, on the map it looks like you may be able to enter the beach by the other end closer to the beach bar. Is that possible? Or is there only one entrance? Where are the beach restrooms? We are going in January and are looking forward to escaping the snow. Thanks again.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

Scotty - I am almost positive they have Bombay, but I will check out the various bar for you (it's the least I could do - ha ha).

dolphin (and fellow Michiganian) - YES on the computer and printer for boarding passes (we have used them), but I will double check as they have cookies there most days. The MAIN beach entrance is along a boardwalk directly behind the main pool. As you walk down the boardwalk, you can walk to the right and go to M y T for breakfast/lunch or keep going towards the ocean and the large beach bar will be on your left right at the "entrance" to the beach. There is also another entrance to the beach about 60 yards to the south between the buildings with the "lazy river" pool. The "beach restrooms" are in M y T where the buffet breakfast/lunch is or you can walk a little further by the pool to the Dive/Towel hut and there are bathrooms there as well (usually where I go). Hope that helps.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

Oh - my wife is also hoping that this thread picks up or she feels that I will be just sitting at the various bars all day and never make it to dinner......me???

Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

Thanks for your prompt reply. Any sign of courvoisier or remu Martin. Also do yhey have champagne/cava.do you get wine by the glass or will they give you a bottle

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

I will check on the liquor. The only reason I am pretty sure about the Bombay is because the couple we usually travel with in November drink Bombay Martinis. Wine by the glass for sure (as many as you want) and you can BUY a bottle of (upgraded) wine if you want to.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

Sorry, but what is champagne/cava? The definitely champagne (but I think it is more like sparkling wine).

Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

Cava is like a Spanish champagne. Lots cheaper but sometimes a decent cava beats sn ordinary champagne.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions for VIM? I will get your Answers

OK - I will check it out.

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto
Recent Conversations